Rate this topic

171 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, flylikabird said:

I don't know about you but I'm starting to take the legitimacy of a lot of these sightings on the Cape with a little bit more of a grain of salt nowadays.

It's like...a brother SOL'er tells you he had a White Shark circling his yak at such and such a spot...let's call it  X.   Yet again  you know he's known to do his damage at spot Y because of his and your history.

.....are you really gonna disregard his attempt to safely give you a heads up on a sighting at X?    

Can’t do any damage at spot Y when the beach is closed.....no sense paddling all  the way around to spot Y when you’re doing well right where you launch at spot X.

you can take my sightings with all the salt you want.

But believe me when I tell you.....they’re legit.

Sharks are everywhere. They swim around all day and night. It’s what they do. The sharks are here now in great numbers swimming all over the place. A kayak fisherman has no chance if a big fish wants some plastic with its meat. You have big big balls Pete

I just went to the White Shark Conservancy with my kids last week and they have a paddle board that got attacked a couple years ago. There’s some pretty big bite marks in it. There’s also a few buoys with bite marks too. You have to hope that when the shark bites the yak that it won’t like the taste of plastic and doesn’t come back for you if you fall in. I stopped kayaking out there a couple years ago. It’s not worth the risk to me. 

A GW can throw a kayak in the air just for the fun of it.  Sort of like shaking a box of pop corn to see what comes out.  Have fun playing Russian roulette with your life. LOL You need a MUCH bigger boat.

8 hours ago, John P said:

A GW can throw a kayak in the air just for the fun of it.  Sort of like shaking a box of pop corn to see what comes out.  Have fun playing Russian roulette with your life. LOL You need a MUCH bigger boat.

Your opinion has been duly noted.