Rate this topic

171 posts in this topic

On 8/12/2019 at 5:59 AM, catatonic said:

Had one circle my kayak yesterday in 12 ft of water.......first one I’ve seen that actually showed some interest.

It was a smaller one......8-10 ft

Where was this ?  Getting nervous kayaking In bbay 

Edited by jhndoe
Incomplete

7 hours ago, catatonic said:

Had one circle my kayak yesterday in 12 ft of water.......first one I’ve seen that actually showed some interest.

Lemme see if I can do my best Dr. Phil.......so how did that make you feel after she left you Cat?

10 hours ago, catatonic said:

I hope you had a new pair of shorts onboard, yikes...

acev.jpg

So you're saying....

A) you wanted her to stick around longer ?....

B) .......or you're saying her mere presence and the classic shark circling it's prey before it attacks scared the bejeasus out of ya? 

Which one was it?   :deadhorse:

And you know if you answer yes to A), then you sir are probably a classic "Shark Humper" and probably should get that looked at.

And if you answered yes to B), then you sir are a normal person and can now relax, you're safe and sound. 

1 hour ago, flylikabird said:

So you're saying....

A) you wanted her to stick around longer ?....

B) .......or you're saying her mere presence and the classic shark circling it's prey before it attacks scared the bejeasus out of ya? 

Which one was it?   :deadhorse:

And you know if you answer yes to A), then you sir are probably a classic "Shark Humper" and probably should get that looked at.

And if you answered yes to B), then you sir are a normal person and can now relax, you're safe and sound. 

I’d have to go with door number 2 Monty :D

I actually didn’t wait for her to leave......i headed to the nearest shallow sandbar.

If you have that sharktivity app or whatever its called you'll see pretty much everyday at least one white shark is reported within 50 yards of the shore.  mostly on the outer cape of course, but if they're coming in that close there, they'll do it anywhere.  One of the other day off Nauset was 15 yards from shore, sounds like wading distance...  

The media reported one, with video, off of Barnstable Harbor as seen by a Boston Harbor Cruises boat.  I've never known BHC to work anywhere on the Cape but P-town (to Boston), so I'm trying to figure out the legitimacy of the location given.   You can see the video on NECN, the Today Show or other news outlets.  

I don't know about you but I'm starting to take the legitimacy of a lot of these sightings on the Cape with a little bit more of a grain of salt nowadays.

It's like...a brother SOL'er tells you he had a White Shark circling his yak at such and such a spot...let's call it  X.   Yet again  you know he's known to do his damage at spot Y because of his and your history.

.....are you really gonna disregard his attempt to safely give you a heads up on a sighting at X?    

6 hours ago, aglenn said:

If you have that sharktivity app or whatever its called you'll see pretty much everyday at least one white shark is reported within 50 yards of the shore.  mostly on the outer cape of course, but if they're coming in that close there, they'll do it anywhere.  One of the other day off Nauset was 15 yards from shore, sounds like wading distance...  

The shore line drops off a lot quicker along the outer Cape so near shore sighting there are more likely than a lot of other areas along the coast.

Ya might wanna reconsider the yak thing bro. That only reinforced my feeling that my family is correct for telling me for 5 or 6 years to stop. 3 years ago I did and I’ve regretted it till I hear this kinda stuff.