Rate this topic

234 posts in this topic

Well just spotted a great white the other day off of Plymouth as I was stalking the pogie schools. Was a small one probably around 8 ft with no tag in him. Tried to get pics but it was staying too deep and the glare from the sun wouldnt let me get a pic. Maybe that's all the splashing in the pogie schools. This was half a mile off white horse beach.

1 hour ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

Well just spotted a great white the other day off of Plymouth as I was stalking the pogie schools. Was a small one probably around 8 ft with no tag in him. Tried to get pics but it was staying too deep and the glare from the sun wouldnt let me get a pic. Maybe that's all the splashing in the pogie schools. This was half a mile off white horse beach.

I hate when you try hard to get a pic and it doesn't work out. 

I heard there was one spotted in the same area over the weekend. Some one posted a pic of it on one if the shark tracking apps. 

There is also footage from a family reeling in a fish and as it was getting right up to the boat a shark came up and whacked it. It was on the globe's website.

Just a matter of time until someone gets bit there. I’ve seen those schools and have witnessed plenty of people swimming off of boats anchored nearby. Plus the sun bathers like to wade out to the shallow bar about 100 yards or so out at low tide.

31 mins ago, Malsow said:

I heard there was one spotted in the same area over the weekend. Some one posted a pic of it on one if the shark tracking apps. 

There is also footage from a family reeling in a fish and as it was getting right up to the boat a shark came up and whacked it. It was on the globe's website.

I saw the pic and it was the same shark.

Pretty crazy. Before it was the National Seashore. Now the whole south shore as well. In theory any area along the coast could have a GW passing through. 

2 hours ago, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

SASS, Are you kayaking out there?

And if so how do you deal with the thoughts of whitey while you fish/catch?

The only way to definitively id them is having pictures of their dorsal fins.    CCB is filthy with White juveniles.   I think they're pupping here in CCB.

Maybe the state will take notice when a politician kid or a rich bather gets wacked! 

As you know Amity means friendship.  

5d3659b017e3c_JawsLarry2019.jpg.872fd4ad0cb672a5f2e694ae5fdc59a4.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

22 mins ago, Pescador710 said:

SASS, Are you kayaking out there?

And if so how do you deal with the thoughts of whitey while you fish/catch?

Nope I'm a little notch above kayaking in my 14ft v hull. My 14ft boat is actually fairly large for its length and I'm not afraid if one comes to check me out. The one I saw the other day actually wanted no part of me and was trying to swim away from me as I followed it. Eventually it had enough and kicked hard and dove down

Edited by SalmonAndStriper Stalker

39 mins ago, Pescador710 said:

GW hotspots seem to be:

1) Chatham to p town

2) Barnstable/sandy neck

3) Manomet point, Plymouth 

Beware, Be safe 

Billingsgate Shoal, Brewster Flats, Wellfleet Harbor

30 mins ago, bradW said:

Billingsgate Shoal, Brewster Flats, Wellfleet Harbor

I was including that in Chatham to p town. I guess we should say, all of Cape Cod Bay and the outer beaches but no one would be surprised about sighting/attack anywhere in coastal northeast. 

They do do seem to be much less frequent visitors of warmer water areas like buzzards bay and south facing beaches...