SUP Bucket

I got a Shurhold bucket with padded top and rubber base. I added some stick on Velcro to hold my Yeti pouch and cut some slots in the rim to hold a Yeti cup holder and rod holder. I modified the rod holder with some 1" aluminum to serve as a paddle holder. The bungees don't work very well, I will probably go to straps for hold downs. It's no better than a cooler, just easier to carry.IMG_0195.jpeg.85d2c545a47ebf4ad22337a7dd2f8037.jpeg

Cool. For my Isle surfboard style SUP I just use a gecko brand waterproof backpack. That way I don’t have to strap anything down on my SUP. 

For you guys seriously interested in SUP fishing, I would suggest you take a look at the L2 Fish. It’s an incredible fishing platform. The speed and stability — nothing else comes close to it. I ride up and down on 3’ to 5’ swells like an elevator. No rocking back and forth. 

I use an engel dry box for that SUP. 

46B5D91A-5EC7-4E80-8FE9-3BC55A16BCD8.jpeg

(*member previously known as 'SoCalStripers')

• 2 weeks later...

Got it! I'm afraid to use it, it's so pretty! I'm wondering about keel guards or something to protect the shiny finish. So far, it's kind of awkward to handle around the car and garage, there are no handles or anywhere to conveniently grab it except for the center strap. The Yak attack rails are nice but I've bought about $100 worth of fittings so far. I'll probably splash it this weekend.

IMG_0220.jpeg

On 7/29/2019 at 0:45 PM, Fun King said:

I ordered a L2F, can't wait for it to arrive. How does it do without the fins? How does it do in wind?

Awesome, it's an absolutely fantastic board. Totally blows away all of the other SUPs. I'm not sure I've tried to paddle mine without the fins yet. Enjoy your board!!! I just carry mine around using the center strap. That definitely can get tiring especially when you have to carry it 100+ yards sometimes. Some people use those hobie wheeleez beach carts I believe. I think Live Watersports just started a facebook members' group so that might be a good place to ask more questions about anything. 

(*member previously known as 'SoCalStripers')

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 0:24 PM, Fun King said:

Got it! I'm afraid to use it, it's so pretty! I'm wondering about keel guards or something to protect the shiny finish. So far, it's kind of awkward to handle around the car and garage, there are no handles or anywhere to conveniently grab it except for the center strap. The Yak attack rails are nice but I've bought about $100 worth of fittings so far. I'll probably splash it this weekend.

IMG_0220.jpeg

Great looking board. I was between the L2 and the Bote Rackham, ended up going with the Bote.