bronson

air bnb hosts guests and site moderators

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

any thoughts on this site and air bnb potential?  air is growing and we may all benefit ....I haven't thought this thru but consider air as a bst area or something. I'm a host of a simple bnb folks can walk to the beach ....and I know others on this site are in similar situations. an example of a possibility is swapping  or  trading tackle for nights...the one on my mind is oct nov here on obx great fishing and lots of empty rooms....imo b pretty cool if sol members could bst or even just post what they got so other members could support them and know there going to a fishing friendly environment.  air also has these experiences ....ie folks pay for like guided things.....so if say it was set up a noob to beach driving could b set up w an experience of orv trip....or a noob wants to try a heaver .... folks could have a lot of fun with this.  

I also run an Airbnb listing in Newport.  I like the potential.  Maybe Tim will chime in.  

I've had very few fishermen stay with me but those that did loved it.  I'm 5 minutes from the

open surf.

I'm not on air bnb yet, but plan to be next year. Got a little guest house on the Susquehanna river, and figure maybe I can generate some extra income..

I love this idea.  I use VRBO and have a reservation up in the finger lakes set for a week from this Thur but would switch over to keep within the SOL community. 

Someone is gonna need to walk me through this - what tie would there be between SOL and AirBnB? 

TimS

13 mins ago, TimS said:

Someone is gonna need to walk me through this - what tie would there be between SOL and AirBnB? 

TimS

Tim - something like a SOL offering a referral to places to stay owned and run by fellow SOL members.  I think fishermen would feel more comfortable staying with other fishermen - members like me who are Airbnb hosts can give advice on where to go and offer Sol members discounted rates.  Probably have it’s own page.  

Cool idea I would def choose someone from here over someone that’s not. I don’t know many members but would trust many of the people here. 

Yea this would be cool- It would be nice to see listings of people on the site you could support rather than renting from joe schmoe.

Could be on a page like Commercial BST or Regional Forums.  Listed as “Places To Stay in... “list state here”.  Then approved members can provide a description of their listing - if no links are permitted then the interested Sol members would PM the member who posted the listing to find availability and more info.  Tim if you PM me your number I can text you my listing as a sample.  Willing to help you work this if it’s something you think is worthwhile.

Tim. thx for everything and consideration here......a board here could help members like say I wanna go on a trip to susquahana and Byron pa wants to check out obx..... we as sol members could swap a week...like one that my bnb isn't gonna b rented in the fall but the fishing here would b great... the tourist seasons and the fishing seasons can differ to our advantage.  or just paying knowing ur helping out the sol community and would prob get to meet other members....