Zeebaas Service

Rate this topic

Jturnbull

I was wondering if anyone has any experience sending reels to Zeebaas for service? I was wondering if they communicate better than when trying to purchase a reel.... Or should i just do the self service?  

Maine Surfcasters Club 

I ordered the service kit just to have if ever needed since these are basically "lifetime reels". But service is good as long as you get someone on the phone. Sometimes they might not pick up on the first call but once you get them they treat you like a family member. I wouldn't hesitate at all sending a reel in, I prefer it vs some big company. 

12 mins ago, jk20a3 said:

I ordered the service kit just to have if ever needed since these are basically "lifetime reels". But service is good as long as you get someone on the phone. Sometimes they might not pick up on the first call but once you get them they treat you like a family member. I wouldn't hesitate at all sending a reel in, I prefer it vs some big company. 

You can contact via text messages and they will get back to you in a very short time. 

The phone number for text messages is published on their web site.

On 7/22/2019 at 7:23 AM, Jturnbull said:

I was wondering if anyone has any experience sending reels to Zeebaas for service? I was wondering if they communicate better than when trying to purchase a reel.... Or should i just do the self service?  

I had this issue too. Ya'd think someone interested in dropping a grand on a reel would get some follow-up....

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

4 mins ago, Drew C. said:

I had this issue too. Ya'd think someone interested in dropping a grand on a reel would get some follow-up....

Their service is the best. Why won’t you try to send them a text message and see the response time before you smear them online like you have done many times in the past..

They are only a few guys handling everything, I purchased both my Zeebaas reels on this forum and they always treated me just as any customer. I ordered a black rotor single pick up for my ZX 25, there was a delay with the powder coater. Lenny would call me at least once a week on updates because it was going to be anywhere from 2-3 weeks. Idk it’s nice to know the same guys assembling your parts are the same people your talking to imo. I never tried text like levari said, but if you have Instagram and shoot them a message they will reply right away...just not the best with phones at certain times.

How does their service dep. compare to Van Staal's?

"It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most
Not where you live, what you drive or the price tag on your clothes" -Zac Brown Band

"A leader is someone who keeps their head when everyone else is losing theirs." -Bryant Wright

3 hours ago, coastalfreak said:

How does their service dep. compare to Van Staal's?

It’s hard to say. Van Staal is a big company and manufacturing is obviously outsourced with large backing and inventory. I’d say VS might be more efficient but Zeebaas is more boutique/hands on. You won’t get a random rep who’s just going through the motions from Z like you may VS. I’d say servicing is about equal, but parts wise VS has the $$$ backing and inventory.

25 mins ago, jk20a3 said:

It’s hard to say. Van Staal is a big company and manufacturing is obviously outsourced with large backing and inventory. I’d say VS might be more efficient but Zeebaas is more boutique/hands on. You won’t get a random rep who’s just going through the motions from Z like you may VS. I’d say servicing is about equal, but parts wise VS has the $$$ backing and inventory.

That makes a lot of sense. Zeebaas seems more like a small business company. Kinda like comparing Remington vs custom rifles. 

"It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most
Not where you live, what you drive or the price tag on your clothes" -Zac Brown Band

"A leader is someone who keeps their head when everyone else is losing theirs." -Bryant Wright