ASrod

St Croix Legend Surf deal on amazon

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Just now, Adrianb said:

Too good to be true XD

If it were the 10 footer I would’ve been tempted. But it was shipped and sold by amazon so they would’ve honored anything that was purchased before the correction.

33 mins ago, babanch said:

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to score one before the price change

Looks like a sweet rod. Nice score.

FYI, amazon always has these deals around, usually on some not so popular items that's not on every body's list. One too many visitor and or order will change the price back to normal by their automated system. Rule #1, ship and sold by amazon.  Rule #2, order it as soon as possible once you see the odd ball price.  Any one of number of visits could change the price dramatically, including your own repeating visits.

27 mins ago, hobobob said:

FYI, amazon always has these deals around, usually on some not so popular items that's not on every body's list. One too many visitor and or order will change the price back to normal by their automated system. Rule #1, ship and sold by amazon.  Rule #2, order it as soon as possible once you see the odd ball price.  Any one of number of visits could change the price dramatically, including your own repeating visits.

That is a pretty near perfect explanation. I got a 7mm Neosport farmer John wetsuit for $41, when those typically sell for 90 to 122 bucks. Also scored an $80 life jacket for 30 bucks.

As to why these deals pop up, I believe it has something to do with how infrequently a certain item is searched for in a given time frame. Not enough hits will somehow generate a lower price, but as hobobob wrote, if you keep going back to ogle the item, it can tip the scale back to the regular price.

Otony