Fishing The Doc

Rate this topic

wtfooptimax200

When you load them they seem to sit too low in the water and slow down the left/right walking action- they start acting like a pencil more than a spook.  I think the 6 casts better than the 9 for me, but the 9 walks way better.  

If you need the extra distance to get into fish go with a pencil or SS popper for distance in regards to topwater. Best case scenario I think I might be able to cast the 9" Doc around 50 yards or so? Overall its a great plug and the action is amazing but its not going to cast like a bullet 

The 7" doc cast great with my GSB1321m and BT1083m, however the BT1083m cast the 9" better.  Try casting slower like a lob on the 9".  You can get it to cast like a missile when you experiment a bit with various casting techniques.  The 9" has a way better glide action than the 7" but the 9" Achilles heel is the hook placement on the front hook.  You miss more fish with the 9 vs 7.  For an alternative, try a lamires 9" wavejammer.  No rattles in this one but the hooks and hook placement are great.

I miss the times when Doc's were the best kept secret in bass fishing.  $8 a blank.  They marked them up like 250% in 1-2 years.

That being said, dont load them, they dont cast like bullets because theyre big pieces of plastic.  

What was your cast trajectory? Try halfway bw a lob and a line drive. Say 35°?  I get my best casts in this zone. Every once in a while it will just fly, kind of like a knuckleball. I’ve seen it start falling, change it’s orientation and start to climb again.

Dam lure is so good, you don’t need much