sandflea5

Aluminum spool for a 145 Squidder

10 posts in this topic

Just saw Derrick T had luck locating an aluminum spool for a 140 Squidder. Reminded me that I static magged and put new bearings in a 145 7 or 8 years ago but wasn't able to locate an aluminum spool to complete the job. Wondering if anyone out there may have a decent one available. I have had very good results with a couple of 150 Surfmasters and 140 Squidders and would really like to finish this 145.

Thanks, Sam

10 hours ago, Lateral Line said:

I think I goofed. This is the small and not what you want. Sorry.

You need the middle size.... I dont have that.

I appreciate your reply. I didn't have any luck locating that spool back when I started that project .At that time i was able to get almost everything I needed from a well known Penn parts supplier in New Jersey. At the time they had in stock aluminum spools for most of the Penn surfcasting reels except the smaller Squidders. I still use those Penn reels with the static mags and although I know they may not be able to afford the best distance, they sure are easy to cast and don't need a bunch of baby sitting, especially the Surfmasters. Most of those reels belonged to my father and FIL, and they were in pretty good shape.

10 hours ago, NYChaz said:

Might have something at home. At work till 6pm. I'll post if I have it...

Thanks. Appreciate the reply. Not many of us are still into to the old gear...

Don't believe Penn made an aluminum spool for the 145.  Newell made one and so did Tiburon.

I have a Newell aluminum  spool for the 145 which you can have for 45 dollars shipped.  I also have the plastic one or chrome spool that originally came with the 145.

Let me know which you prefer. Price on the Newell aluminum spool for the 145 is firm.

Thank you RC. I need the aluminum spool because I've installed a static mag set up in my reel. I will PM you Friday evening . Hope that works out well for you.

Sam