mattyboyee

SHARK SPOTTED: Shallow Water "I'm a little rattled"

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Sudsy said:

If you had any idea how often you had a shark within a few yards of you while waded out fishing :eek:

Ignorance is bliss though.:D

Posted (edited) · Report post

I’m fishing shinnecock bay right now. Drop off everyone at the island and trying to find that shark. Just to show you how much bait and fish there are at that spot. 

C100F9FF-4C40-4727-99B6-29166956CA66.jpeg

35BF0B79-CDD7-4808-9F71-846B2DBAE792.jpeg

45C43FFE-472A-460D-83E0-FD1AF4C4CE5B.jpeg

633608B7-BB97-49BF-963A-2F79B34D7427.jpeg

2C330054-F005-4A61-BC89-FBA894D46047.jpeg

525A6505-6CD5-40AB-9A11-FF1926022CE4.jpeg

Edited by Marty

A friend of mine who has been a commercial fisherman for a long time suggested that a predator that big might be on it's final hunt. Meaning It can't handle the ocean because of it's time to die so it goes into the comfortable easy water of the bays. Again not stated as a fact, but he said it happens. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, mattyboyee said:

A friend of mine who has been a commercial fisherman for a long time suggested that a predator that big might be on it's final hunt. Meaning It can't handle the ocean because of it's time to die so it goes into the comfortable easy water of the bays. Again not stated as a fact, but he said it happens. Thoughts?

Sounds right. The shark wants to go out with a bang. Someone leg ? It was this week in Jersey that 50 whales beach them selfs and people all helped and got them all back in the water but 2. Why do they do that ? 

Marty not to get off topic but how do I find those pictures of you holding your largest fish? I’ve seen them in the past but I can’t seem to find them, I’m bored and I kinda want to just stare at them for the next 6 hours 

7 hours ago, capecod said:

Marty not to get off topic but how do I find those pictures of you holding your largest fish? I’ve seen them in the past but I can’t seem to find them, I’m bored and I kinda want to just stare at them for the next 6 hours 

E mail me Martyslures@yahoo.com

This guy came in the other day and showed me a app he had on his phone it showed all these satellite tagged sharks ,so many up on the beaches.

1 hour ago, AlwaysWading said:

This guy came in the other day and showed me a app he had on his phone it showed all these satellite tagged sharks ,so many up on the beaches.

Any chance you remember the name of that app? Seems like a fun enough one to have on hand.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have had shark tracker on my phone for years... fun app.  If you remember Chris Fischer, he used to have a sport fishing show (Offshore Adventures) with his hot redheaded wife, is the lead guy from Ocearch...

This is why they invented swimming pools....

Edited by fmtuna