mattyboyee

SHARK SPOTTED: Shallow Water "I'm a little rattled"

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

SHARK SPOTTED: A shark was spotted in shallow waters near the village of Quogue. Officials say the 10-12 foot shark was seen near Penniman Creek.

————————-

My Friend and fishing buddy regularly wade waist high near that spot and other bay areas surrounding the area where the shark was spotted. Not sure if I should be concerned or head out there to fish, maybe the shark knows where the fish are? Gotta admit, It's got me a little rattled. Anyone else have similar experience?

Edited by mattyboyee
Link removed - FB links are blocked here, sorry :-)

12 mins ago, mattyboyee said:

SHARK SPOTTED: A shark was spotted in shallow waters near the village of Quogue. Officials say the 10-12 foot shark was seen near Penniman Creek.

My Friend and fishing buddy regularly wade waist high near that spot and other bay areas surrounding the area where the shark was spotted. Not sure if I should be concerned or head out there to fish, maybe the shark knows where the fish are? Gotta admit, It's got me a little rattled.

No worries, now I know thanks. Can I post the video? If so, How?

If you had any idea how often you had a shark within a few yards of you while waded out fishing :eek:

Posted (edited) · Report post

20 mins ago, Sudsy said:

If you had any idea how often you had a shark within a few yards of you while waded out fishing :eek:

Yeah man, no doubt. I guess I've always felt a little further away from the bigger predators in the Bay's. There hunting for the same big fish we're fishing for, right? Kinda thrilling!!!

Edited by mattyboyee

19 mins ago, capecod said:

I watched a great white demolish a seal about 50 yards infront of a rock I was on this spring, tad bit risky wetsuiting on the cape. 

Take that though and think why that shark was there ? That canal hold some bait and fish. With him around I’m not standing and fishing there this week. 

32 mins ago, Marty said:

Take that though and think why that shark was there ? That canal hold some bait and fish. With him around I’m not standing and fishing there this week. 

Marty you catch 75 pounders in the surf... a little shark is going to scare you away? Cmon! 

9 hours ago, capecod said:

Marty you catch 75 pounders in the surf... a little shark is going to scare you away? Cmon! 

Yep, bass have no teeth. This shark that was swimming in the canal yesterday was ln my back yard. I think he was looking for me.  Lol. I killed many sharks. It may be revenge time !!!

FD8DF140-FD9C-402C-A141-4BA458925ED0.jpeg

64C4AE9A-AB2D-4162-B9B2-0C735466B7D9.jpeg

5A956927-8A4A-4846-9B82-B96522471BA9.jpeg

10 hours ago, Marty said:

Hi Marty:wave: