ASrod

St Croix question

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

A while back my Mojo surf snapped over itself on a cast. Now that I’m back in the states I’m going to send it in for warranty but do any of you know how much the fee to upgrade it to then Avid surf would be?

TIA

1 hour ago, ASrod said:

A while back my Mojo surf snapped over itself on a cast. Now that I’m back in the states I’m going to send it in for warranty but do any of you know how much the fee to upgrade it to then Avid surf would be?

TIA

I think I paid an additional $100 for the upgrade plus the $25 for shipping.

25 mins ago, Big Biscuit said:

Get that replaced, sell the replacement, and get a GSB 1201M. I have lost faith in st.croix.

That was my idea all along but there’s no guarantee anybody would buy a mojo anymore...

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 hours ago, ASrod said:

4 hours ago, ASrod said:

3 for 2 St Croix is awesome.

To clarify: I had a 10 ft 6 in Mojo that snapped. I also had an 8ft Mojo I had no problems with. For $35, I got a new top half for my 10-6 Mojo. That second top snapped and St Croix sent me a 10ft Avid for free. Over the winter, I upgraded the 8-foot Mojo to an 8' Avid for $115 and spent another $35 on another top for the 10-6 Mojo. The Avid are excellent rods and I have no complaints. Third time seems to have been the charm with the 10-6MHMF2 as well after about 30 hrs throwing 4-6oz Al Gags at the CCC and losing the biggest striper I've seen in person 10' from the rocks through no fault of the rod. My canal setup: 10-6MHMF2 Mojo and Slammer 6500HS. 

Edited by RockRonin
Clarity

St Croix Mojo and Triumph - Made in Mexico. I stay away!

St Croix Avid and Legend -   Made in USA. Best rods I own!