Angler #1

Possible Tick Weaponzation

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

in todays Cape Cod Times they wrote an article on a book written by Kris Newby's called [Bitten ] where she investigates the tick borne diseases she says are not just a natural occurrence, but  phenomena borne in a bio weapons laboratory. A very interesting analogy for sure and it might very well have some legs to it . It seems that last week the USHouse  of Representatives  passed an bipartisan amendment  that directs the Inspector general of the Department of Defense to determine whether  a biological weapons program enhanced the disease -carrying capabilities of ticks from 1950 to 1975 and whether any accidental or intentional release of infected ticks or pathogens occurred. You will need to read the whole article , it may well open a few eyes about the ticks that have left there mark in some of us who were bitten by an infected tick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought everybody already knew about these government made/modified ticks. And don't forget the deadly mosquitoes they made too! I can't believe more people in the world aren't going NUTS over this. I think the masses are still just too ignorant about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive read extensively about this over the years. This theory was first floated out there about 25 years ago, based around the super secret govt research lab on Plum Island, Conn.

Ticks were fairly uncommon back then, and Lyme disease was unheard of.  Out of the blue, this mysterious disease began making peopke ill. Only the people of Lyme Conn. Hence the name, Lyme Disease.

Many feel ticks and Lyme Disease were a govt military project gone wrong.  Interesting this story is gaining traction again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The theory was that the gov't lab was experimenting on a biological way to kill Russian livestock. 

 

Some naturalists/environmentalists I spoke with believe the proliferation of ticks is to blame.  Some of those same people said the extirpation of the carrier pigeon (a tick eater) may be a root cause.   

 

The mad scientist in a gov't lab is a far more interesting theory.  I feel a scriptwriting project coming on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bob_G said:

Ive read extensively about this over the years. This theory was first floated out there about 25 years ago, based around the super secret govt research lab on Plum Island, Conn.

Ticks were fairly uncommon back then, and Lyme disease was unheard of.  Out of the blue, this mysterious disease began making peopke ill. Only the people of Lyme Conn. Hence the name, Lyme Disease.

Many feel ticks and Lyme Disease were a govt military project gone wrong.  Interesting this story is gaining traction again.

As you probably know, Plum Island is directly across LI Sound from Lyme, and lies on a major bird migration route. 

 

I don't know the current status of the research lab, but when I left Long Island in early 2006 it was still up and running, and highly classified--strictly off limits to the public.

 

I never saw a deer tick on the Cape growing up. Only dog ticks. The last few years before moving away, I rarely found a dog tick on any of our dogs--all deer ticks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Believe it or not, I was on the island, maybe ten years ago. I was part of a group of fort enthusiasts who got permission to hike the grounds, which include an old coast artillery fort from the late 1890s to early 1900s, plus some WW 2 installations. However the lab itself was completely off limits and we had to be escorted everywhere. The fort is on the other side of the island from the lab facility. Saw some strange stuff, including gun magazines that looked like they were used for animal stables as part of their research plus some livestock corrals. That's about all they would tell us or show us. But no mad scientists running around with syringes or anything. :p  

 

It was then and is still now run by the Dept of Homeland Security. There have been many rumors over the years that it would be de-commissioned and the land sold to developers, but it's still in the hands of the Plum Island Animal Disease Center as far as I know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read the book" Plum Island", talks some about the facility,but is a great thriller.  I fish off the island on occasion and back an while ago if you get to close to shore you will see jeeps with guys and binoculars watching your every move.  The lab is a bizarre building with tons of small stacks that  create a negative environment in the facility.  All air that leaves has to be processed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ditch Jigger said:

I never saw a deer tick on the Cape growing up. Only dog ticks. The last few years before moving away, I rarely found a dog tick on any ofnour dogs--all deer ticks.  

 

It was a rare summer day when I was a kid that we didn't play in tall grass over our heads.  Both we and our dogs got tick checks every afternoon.   I can almost guarantee you every one was a wood tick or "dog tick" as we called them.     Never saw a deer tick with that weird red collar.  But now when I'm sitting in those same fields, almost every tick I see is a deer tick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bob_G said:

Ive read extensively about this over the years. This theory was first floated out there about 25 years ago, based around the super secret govt research lab on Plum Island, Conn.

Ticks were fairly uncommon back then, and Lyme disease was unheard of.  Out of the blue, this mysterious disease began making peopke ill. Only the people of Lyme Conn. Hence the name, Lyme Disease.

Many feel ticks and Lyme Disease were a govt military project gone wrong.  Interesting this story is gaining traction again.

Bob, Plum Island is in NY. I have read the Lyme disease was first mentioned in the medical literature around 1920. t wasn't only the people from Lyme CT who contracted it. lots of people in CT ad NY contracted it. Useless factoid, the main carrier of "deer Ticks" is the white footed mouse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MakoMike said:

Bob, Plum Island is in NY. I have read the Lyme disease was first mentioned in the medical literature around 1920. t wasn't only the people from Lyme CT who contracted it. lots of people in CT ad NY contracted it. Useless factoid, the main carrier of "deer Ticks" is the white footed mouse.

source please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Ticks and Lyme disease have been around for thousands of years. In fact, a recent autopsy on a 5,300-year-old mummy indicated the presence of the bacteria which causes Lyme disease. A German physician, Alfred Buchwald, first described the chronic skin rash, or erythem'a migrans, of what is now known to be Lyme disease more than 130 years ago. However, Lyme disease was only recognized in the United States in the 1960s and 1970s."

 

https://www.bayarealyme.org/about-lyme/history-lyme-disease/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

General rule about conspiracy theories: don’t believe them. Sure I’ll be wrong maybe 1-2% of the time but I’ll take that over the opposite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

46 mins ago, MakoMike said:

"Ticks and Lyme disease have been around for thousands of years. In fact, a recent autopsy on a 5,300-year-old mummy indicated the presence of the bacteria which causes Lyme disease. A German physician, Alfred Buchwald, first described the chronic skin rash, or erythem'a migrans, of what is now known to be Lyme disease more than 130 years ago. However, Lyme disease was only recognized in the United States in the 1960s and 1970s."

 

https://www.bayarealyme.org/about-lyme/history-lyme-disease/

thanks, nice article from California, Doesn't say anything about "lyme" in the US in the 1920's

 

What it does say is:

However, Lyme disease was only recognized in the United States in the 1960s and 1970s. And the bacteria that causes it – Borrelia burgdorferi – wasn’t officially classified until 1981.

 

 

Edited by FizzyFish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.