D1fishr

5 PEOPLE YOU WOULD WANT TO HUNT WITH

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Who are your five?  Past or present? Let’s hear them!

 

5. Theodore Roosevelt

4. Chris Kyle

3. Jack O’Connor

2. Hal Blood

1. Larry Benoit

 

Edited by D1fishr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Craig Boddington

 

I can type it 5 times if it's helpful.  Of the "modern" hunters his style actually took me there...wherever "there" is/was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.

Ernest Hemingway

Teddy Roosevelt

Author , hunter, Mr Ruark , He wrote  death in the tall grass.

Hugh Glass

Audie Murphy

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Bing Crosby bird hunting over my first GSP

2. Teddy Roosevelt in Africa

3. Jack O'Connor for elk

4. Jimmy Carter, hunting attacking rabbits sounds so dangerous

5. Corey Ford, when I'm on the road to Binghamton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mako20ft said:

Craig Boddington

 

I can type it 5 times if it's helpful.  Of the "modern" hunters his style actually took me there...wherever "there" is/was. 

Yes, been a big fan of his since I was a kid, used to devour all of his columns in Peterson's.

 

My list would consist mostly of bird guys, George Bird Evans, Gene Hill, Michael McIntosh, Frank Woolner.

 

Phil Robertson too, the only one still with us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My father.

My grandfather.

My other grandfather.

The clown my 1st daughter marries.

The clown my 2nd daughter marries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 Nimrod

2 Fred Bear, as a kid, every year I read about his unsuccessful attempt to be the first man to kill a polar bear with a bow.

3 Peter Hathaway Chapstick

4 Chris Kyle

5 Wildman Henderson, an old hunting buddy who is no longer with us. RIP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2019 at 7:17 AM, hunter123 said:

.

Ernest Hemingway

Teddy Roosevelt

Author , hunter, Mr Ruark , He wrote  death in the tall grass.

Hugh Glass

Audie Murphy

 

 

 

Hemingway and Glass- Yes!

On 7/20/2019 at 8:06 AM, Bass Ackwards said:

1. Bing Crosby bird hunting over my first GSP

2. Teddy Roosevelt in Africa

3. Jack O'Connor for elk

4. Jimmy Carter, hunting attacking rabbits sounds so dangerous

5. Corey Ford, when I'm on the road to Binghamton

Didn’t know about Bing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

My father.

My grandfather.

My other grandfather.

The clown my 1st daughter marries.

The clown my 2nd daughter marries.

This post will be hard to beat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, D1fishr said:

Hemingway and Glass- Yes!

Didn’t know about Bing!

He was a big time bird hunter, loved the 28gauge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.