8 hours ago, fjr419 said:

That thumbnail ain't right.

I was hopeful he washed his hands before handling his meat :D 

8 hours ago, fjr419 said:

That thumbnail ain't right.

That's some cool reflecto camera magic

14 mins ago, Markushook said:

I was hopeful he washed his hands before handling his meat :D 

They are actually clean,  I got something on my hand that won't wash of lol, maybe the aids...

After a shower :shrug:

15635376839568421705189819352416.jpg

Unless the coins are all silver, they are probably 90% for $1 , $0.50 and $0.25 coins.

Dimes and nickels are less than that.

Unless the coins are in VERY GOOD condition (which is not likely with average Joe collectors) they would be worth more for the silver content than the coin value.

Check online and you can find various sites that buy and sell precious metals and coins.

That way you can get a rough estimate of what you have and whether you want to save or sell.

As for monetary collectors (hoarders) I agree that you should check around their property as many don't want their "treasure" in a bank (don't trust them) and will hide money in many places.

My mother's aunt lived in Toronto, and after she passed my mother and some family members "cleaned up" her house. The woman was living like she was scraping to get by, but my mom and the others found that she had been stashing 100's of thousands of dollars all over the house. Under rugs, in vases, under the mattress, behind and inside furniture. I took days to find all the hidden cash.

Growing up there was an old lady that lived across the street from us. She rarely ever went out, but sat at her window and watched the people in the neighborhood. After she passed her apartment was being cleaned out and when they brought out her chair the guy carrying it found a wad of bills stuffed into the back of the chair.

Never underestimate the thrifty frugal nature of some older folks....it may surprise you!

I find myself "squirreling" away some money here and there, but I know where it is and it's really not hidden....yet.

Same here with wife's family. Took us over a year to clean the house out. Wasn't a trash hoarder but saved everything. Literally everything. Old mayonnaise jars(glass) filled with wheat pennies, 1940s nickels, and over a hundred silver dollars. Most are worth 25-40$ as is. There was one that had a low mint number (I bought a current coin value book) and even in average condition it's worth 700-800$. I put everything in airtight containers. I wiped some of them with a cotton cloth but no cleaning solvents. Then got a semi small lockbox and it's hidden in my house. My boys had a great time researching the coins(silver dollars) . We haven't gone thru the wheat pennies yet. The nickels are part silver. Unsure if we'll keep those. 

Also got some German coins her grandfather brought back from WWII.  Some of them have swastikas on them. Lol. Interesting stuff. Lol. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

My grandmother who died 2 years ago had a giant jar full of silver coins. They disappeared with with everything else when she died.  

People are scum.

Edited by ChumSlickJon

Just now, ChumSlickJon said:

My grandmother who does 2 years ago had a giant jar full of silver coins. They disappeared with with everything else when she died.  

People are scum.

Absolutely. I've known my wife for 19 years. Her uncle and grandmother passed with 15 months of each other. People that I have never met came out of the woodwork looking for a handout. Fortunately had wills for both so nobody could dispute anything. 

Money truly is the root of all evil. You find out real quick the true intentions of bad people. My wife finally saw the reasoning in marrying a prick, she sent all these scumbags to see/talk to me. Lol. Some of these southern inbred hicks would make Jerry Springer blush. 

49 mins ago, LBI SurfRat said:

Absolutely. I've known my wife for 19 years. Her uncle and grandmother passed with 15 months of each other. People that I have never met came out of the woodwork looking for a handout. Fortunately had wills for both so nobody could dispute anything. 

Money truly is the root of all evil. You find out real quick the true intentions of bad people. My wife finally saw the reasoning in marrying a prick, she sent all these scumbags to see/talk to me. Lol. Some of these southern inbred hicks would make Jerry Springer blush. 

Watch it you carpet bsgging prick!