Fishing Daddy

Mojo vs Star paraflex which one is better?

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

18 mins ago, Fishing Daddy said:

Just consider to get 8' surf spinning rod, consider Mojo and Star paraflex, but not sure which one is better.

8' mojo is a very stiff rod, if your looking to pull fishing out of structure that's the rod. dont have a paraflex 8' can't speak for that. depending on what your planning to use it for?

1 min ago, Fishing Daddy said:

try for bonito or albies onshore

then I can tell you the 8' mojo surf is definitely not that rod in my opinion, it will not cast well with anything light 1/2 to 1 oz too light for it, 2oz+ for that rod.

Have you looked at the airwave elite 8'8"? This is a very nice rod and for an albie setup or all around light surf stick I can't think of a better stick out there. 

St Croix has the best customer service out of any company I've ever dealt with, if that matters to you.

I was considering mojo vs paraflex last year.  Went with the Star due to lifetime warranty vs 5 years on St Croix.

Been happy with it, this is for the 10.5 footer though.  

Mojo. I’ve had both and preferred mojo 8 footer for bass , blues and albies. With that said rods are very personal and handle both and see what you like. My only problem with mojo was lack of butt cap.. other than that it’s a very good light tackle rod 

I like my star and hated the mojo. But id recommend neither for the price. Just don't like lowrider guides on short rods. K or kr will serve you much better. Take a look at the new tsunami or odm DNA.

Huge fan of Star rods.  Have two Aerial stand up rods and two Plasma Inshore rods.  They are bad ass rods!  I would also consider the Airwave Elite as mentioned above. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have the 9' 1-4 Paraflex and it is very stiff.  I would think the 8' would be similar.  I don't really care for it.  It's rated 1-4 but it's feels more like 2-4 or more.  Doesn't load up an SP like I would like it to.  I had a gift card with some free money and I took a chance and ordered this rod online.  Nobody to blame but myself.  Don't buy either before you have one in your hand is my best advice.   Only Mojo I have used is the 10'6" 3-4oz which is a nice rod. 

Edited by 40shades-of-blue

7 hours ago, xjclint said:

I like my star and hated the mojo. But id recommend neither for the price. Just don't like lowrider guides on short rods. K or kr will serve you much better. Take a look at the new tsunami or odm DNA.

the 8ft paraflex runs a hybrid kr/k guide train