beret

How many member have you ever met ?

Rate this topic

47 posts in this topic

On 7/18/2019 at 9:48 PM, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

over the almost 20 yars that I have been a member here I met hundreds of members maybe close to a thousand.at one point there were spring flings fall flings plug get togethers and cod fishing trips,very few are still active members

How you doing John, been a long time.

On 7/19/2019 at 10:48 AM, Ben Lippen said:

It will be 18 years here for me next month, and I would guess that a thousand isn't out of the realm of possibility. The first couple years of the Food Fling  I tried to make it a point to meet every member who came through the doors, but as the event grew that just became impossible. Add the Ditch, Spring, Fly, and various other Flings the number just goes up. I have met members from all over the states ; Alaska, California, Texas, Nevada, and of course all up and down the east coast. And the ones from around the globe ; Canada, Mexico, The U.K., India, Australia, and even one that although he lived in Delaware when I met him, was from and has since moved back to Croatia. Have stayed at other members homes, and had them stay at mine. Close friendships with many of them that will last my lifetime I am sure. 

Used to talk alot to a guy in Japan as well, but lost touch with him :( 

Probably a few hundred. Knew a bunch of guys from Montauk who were on a few sites, but that was before I found out you could catch fish online. Was surprised at the number of people who were active members. Think I met Mr. Vermont at the fall fling on LI in 03, but definitely at Freddies or Paulies. Ben introduced himself at the food fling in 04 and introduced me to a bunch of people. Sudsy I hunted down in Montauk after he was talking smack online. It was pretty funny. Met Jimmy Z at a number of food flings, pretty sure I met ambition at a food fling, he was wearing a hockey jersey, threw a few back with MikeMc at bums a number of times, think I've met Mitchell, but never formerly introduced and that's just the people in this thread..

I've met a few in my travels to the Cape, not intentionally, just get to talking to people, tell them my name is Steve, but my friends call me Shaky. Hate the name, but it's easy to remember. Used to post more so people would ask if I was on SOL after hearing it. Haven't fished since hurricane sandy so I've lost touch with a lot of people. I try to make it to the food fling every year. Mom passed away last year so I was tied up. Hit a few tackle shows just to keep up with people. Moved to Fl so it's going to be a little tough.

I never met one personally. I could have been fishing next to one and wouldn't have known it. I wish we could buy T-shirts , hoodies, sweat shirts , or hats with SOL on them. I love this site.

19 hours ago, Shaky said:

How you doing John, been a long time.

Probably a few hundred. Knew a bunch of guys from Montauk who were on a few sites, but that was before I found out you could catch fish online. Was surprised at the number of people who were active members. Think I met Mr. Vermont at the fall fling on LI in 03, but definitely at Freddies or Paulies. Ben introduced himself at the food fling in 04 and introduced me to a bunch of people. Sudsy I hunted down in Montauk after he was talking smack online. It was pretty funny. Met Jimmy Z at a number of food flings, pretty sure I met ambition at a food fling, he was wearing a hockey jersey, threw a few back with MikeMc at bums a number of times, think I've met Mitchell, but never formerly introduced and that's just the people in this thread..

I've met a few in my travels to the Cape, not intentionally, just get to talking to people, tell them my name is Steve, but my friends call me Shaky. Hate the name, but it's easy to remember. Used to post more so people would ask if I was on SOL after hearing it. Haven't fished since hurricane sandy so I've lost touch with a lot of people. I try to make it to the food fling every year. Mom passed away last year so I was tied up. Hit a few tackle shows just to keep up with people. Moved to Fl so it's going to be a little tough.

We used to have a Blast at those flings Shaky. A real good time. I used to bring my son when he was young and the first couple of years I went , I brought my dad and sis.  How are you doing old friend?

30 or 40 i'd think. All of them really good people. I've shared some great times on the water, at gatherings, homes, etc. 

37 mins ago, jimmy z said:

We used to have a Blast at those flings Shaky. A real good time. I used to bring my son when he was young and the first couple of years I went , I brought my dad and sis.  How are you doing old friend?

Doing good. Retired moved to Fl not missing Queens, well just the bread water and pizza. Will be up for a wedding in November out on Long Island. Will try and visit a few friends in the city while I’m up there. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 7/18/2019 at 9:32 PM, MikeMc said:

Keyrist, I hung out with this guy for days at a time. And, he's not the only one. 

About 70 starting way back., and from all over the country and Canada .Mike Mc is the only one who tried to hump my leg. :)

Truthfully, some of my best friends were found through this site, although I don't see them nearly enough since I have had to cut way back on my fishing

Edited by Stewie

Thirteen years on here and I have met only met 7; I wish it was more considering I am on this site daily.  A big factor on the low number is where I live and fish. Ironically, there are a bunch on here that I feel I know, but we have never met face to face.

Probably 50, mostly because of the kayaking forum, but 10 or so due to the Buy, Sell, Trade forum. Thanks Tim:howdy:

It is amazing where this Internet has taken us.......we feel like we really know each other but most have never seen or met many.............

On 7/18/2019 at 9:11 PM, SPCFudgie said:

Only 3. 1 I talk to 

You've might of "met" more and didn't know it, sort of like our chance SH meeting.

1 hour ago, Sheisty said:

You've might of "met" more and didn't know it, sort of like our chance SH meeting.

Your probably right, lol haven’t ran into you since then