jvisconti

New Gulp Colors

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

I don't follow the happenings at Icast closely but saw on instagram that Berkley released new colors of grubs and jerk shads (maybe others?). Some of the colors are really funky and out there. What do you guys think? They say the colors look different deep under water so maybe they have some winners here.

gulp colors.jpg

26 mins ago, Cpalms said:

As long as they are still making glow and chartreuse I’m good.

I'm a glow, chartreuse, and salmon guy myself but I'd be interested in trying any of the colors if reports say they work. 

1 hour ago, jvisconti said:

I'm a glow, chartreuse, and salmon guy myself but I'd be interested in trying any of the colors if reports say they work. 

I think they all work just fine, pick the weirdest ugliest color up there and 9 out of 10 it fished the same as white.  I’m just used to what I’m used too.  

I’ve tried a few of the colors and almost always white or glow is most effective for fluke for me whether it’s shrimp, swimming minnow, or jerk shad.  chartruce seems best for searobins.  So recently I’ve only bought white.  

I like the colors but most of the bags I've bought this year are softer. One good bite and the tails gone. The last pack I bought held up much better (bought in a store). I wonder if there are imitation gulp being sold on amazon. I do like the new variety though.

32 mins ago, cj7fisherman said:

I like the colors but most of the bags I've bought this year are softer. One good bite and the tails gone. The last pack I bought held up much better (bought in a store). I wonder if there are imitation gulp being sold on amazon. I do like the new variety though.

I found the opposite to be true, tails are tougher compared to grubs from the last 3 years or so. 

Seabass and fluke eat blue fuze, salmon red, fire tiger, and pink. Haven’t tried cajun chicken, orange belly,  camo, orange tiger, or sardine yet. 

I’ll wait for the next sale ...

2 hours ago, hookmeup said:

I found the opposite to be true, tails are tougher compared to grubs from the last 3 years or so. 

Seabass and fluke eat blue fuze, salmon red, fire tiger, and pink. Haven’t tried cajun chicken, orange belly,  camo, orange tiger, or sardine yet. 

I’ll wait for the next sale ...

Maybe I got old supply. The juice looked brown in the packs I ordered online. The new package it was clear.

Camo was one of my best big fluke producers...glad they brought it back. Sardine is also an old color that's being rereleased...good stuff. 

Im excited for the couple of packs of the black and pink that I just got. Everything from Berkley said the other colors(mackerel, sardine, camo, etc) wouldn't be out till the 29th but I found them for sale online now. Im looking forward to trying the mack and the sardine.

12 hours ago, cj7fisherman said:

Maybe I got old supply. The juice looked brown in the packs I ordered online. The new package it was clear.

brown juice is good....aged like wine.