beret

What ever happen to Marty

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Hard to believe a hard talking fisherman would be run out of town by some bashing and criticism regarding his braggadocia and big fish claims.........where is Marty..

11 mins ago, beret said:

Hard to believe a hard talking fisherman would be run out of town by some bashing and criticism regarding her braggadocia and big fish claims.........where is Martha..

fify

Nothing happened to Marty

He may be still around, lurking and picking.

Everybody, say hello to Marty

16 hours ago, beret said:

Hard to believe a hard talking fisherman would be run out of town by some bashing and criticism regarding his braggadocia and big fish claims.........where is Marty..

I’m here. Playing rope a dopey. 

AEA0C9AE-053E-4C81-A226-7155C8D0594E.jpeg

6 hours ago, Soda Jerk said:

Saw him yesterday.  He's hurting big time.  Hand was all messed up.  Knee surgery coming up.  SOB still wanted to fish.

I saw a video of  Garry from Montauk. Garry the toad he’s called.  He was talking about how he lives for surf fishing.  Great fisherman. We were fishing off the beach in Montauk- late 80s 90s. For two weeks straight catching 40 lb bass. Just us two. Every cast you needed to cast over the bar. 11 ft MH lami rod. Now 30 years later my shoulder hurts so bad I can’t cast without pain. Early spring I fished  off the rocks in Montauk, thinking I don’t have to cast far. Landed a nice bass but had to climb down to get it. Slipped and blow out my knee. I’m still out there fishing !!!  

C6BFB36E-0DAE-48E5-8BD6-A2B1969A8C76.mov

On 7/18/2019 at 7:57 PM, beret said:

Nice to see you back Marty........tight lines and look forward to your fishing reports.......

Bass fishing just got harder. Spots that I would get a 28 lb bass now 12 lb bass. Few big bass out in open beach but it’s a hit or miss. These are the bass I’m getting. One is a keeper. 

F42B32D4-8869-4CB9-81DA-F2E80C500221.jpeg

C74745E6-73D2-4D37-A981-B5C9AF40547B.jpeg

3 hours ago, hydraman said:

Long Island fishing forum is about to get a bunch of more views. Welcome back Marty fish on. 

Why are big blues around? Times are changing. I never caught a blue at night at this spot. I use metal lip, reeling slow. Now it’s big blues rather then big bass. 

283F44D2-E654-41B2-A3BF-E265F83B6329.jpeg