zenman

Sharing a tip: “Secret Redfin” a success

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Made 2 of these based on an article and did very well with them last night (full moon). Caught fish I was very happy with and was busy for most of the night. I followed the instructions to the letter. Hope this helps someone or at least keeps them busy and out of trouble for a bit.

Hawk

Edited by bob_G
Sorry, can't post a comm link. But your welcome to post a photo with your own instructions. :)

So, basically it’s a loaded bone Redfin that I sharpied silver and drew in stripes. The idea came from a magazine article recommending this on full moon nights and it proves true for me. 

2 mins ago, zenman said:

So, basically it’s a loaded bone Redfin that I sharpied silver and drew in stripes. The idea came from a magazine article recommending this on full moon nights and it proves true for me. 

Is it loaded with water?

Posted (edited) · Report post

A link to an article is a commercial link? 
I can understand if it's a link to another forum. If that's the case then the moderation note should say so. Is that what was wrong with the link?

Edited by TroutGhost

20 hours ago, HanoverStriper said:

Ruined a perfectly good looking bone redfin... ;)

Initially I thought so too, I threw both bone and this and this caught more consistently and the biggest 2 of the session. 

Probably an article by Dave A based on my Block Island experiences with the Baby Striper Redfin.  A long time discontinued pattern - here are some originals on the top left.

2FD2F0FB-BC51-4507-828B-64F7FF7148A7.jpeg

Its amazing what a little ink marker can get done to change the bait to a huge catcher. The inks of the pat years have improved and last longer now a days . On the job marking at times goes a long way toward making a failed night into a positive one. We used to carry a whole package of different colors for such changes.