bassing

canal bike kick stand

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

I have been looking for some sort of stand I could lean my canal bike on so it will not tip over, as the factory stand doesn't do the job. I did see other bikes that looked like a long stand that would lean on the upper frame. I went to a couple cycle shops but i got that look like i have no idea what you are talking about. Any ideas with pics would be helpful, thanks in advance?

I have a stick with a y shaped end bungeed to the frame. Some spots it doubles as a rod holder if im soaking bait, at the canal its a kick stand. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Never leave rods on bike,i put them on when im ready to pedal away and take the off as sonn as i get off.

I have one of those frame kickstands.

Agree!!  Rods are always last to go on and first to come off.

I used a scrap piece of PVC railing baluster.  Cut a 45 degree angle on one end and a notch on the other (fits over top rail of basket).  Worked great on the one trip I've made down this year lol

balust 2.png

balust 1.png

Edited by FoliFish

I use a rear mounted kickstand and carry a "Click-Stand" for extra security if I need it on windy days.

Make sure the rear mounted stand has a connection to the chain stay and seat stay on the frame otherwise it can rotate (see photo).

Also, don't forget to lock the brakes by putting a band around the brake levers. The click-stand comes with a few brake bands...

Kick stand_LI.jpg

click stand.JPG

As simple as it is this system has never failed me yet. I attached a thin, capped PVC pipe at an angle on my milk crate and slide in a dowel sized perfectly to fit in it. 

20180823_064723.jpg.b87e24cceea3ceb0c1fc7b99aa1122c0.jpg

37 mins ago, Sandbar1 said:

As simple as it is this system has never failed me yet. I attached a thin, capped PVC pipe at an angle on my milk crate and slide in a dowel sized perfectly to fit in it. 

20180823_064723.jpg.b87e24cceea3ceb0c1fc7b99aa1122c0.jpg

Calvin thanks for putting up what a good bike stand and cheep looks like He has both described here so that you all can see what both look like on the same bike