Rate this topic

49 posts in this topic

How do you make it? Ive been refining a recipe over the course of several months and it's pretty damn good only it has been a vegetarian recipe because gout. When the day comes that use meat instead of beans it's gonna be awesome.

my chili goes over real well,

I think because it's pretty basic and straight forward.

no bells whistles etc.

I think the order you add ingredients is very important,

and letting the pot cook for a while.

6 mins ago, MikeMc said:

My chili won an award at the food fling! Top that, mother****ers!!

Everyone gets a trophy at the food fling. :dismay:

I chop a couple of poblanos and a big vidalia onion and fry em in light olive oil. When it gets real watery I add chili powder and cumin powder. Ive tried the seeds either roasted or raw and the powder is better. Then I crank the heat for a bit and toss in diced tomato, then a small can of tomato sauce keep on high heat for a minute and reduce to medium. Then a sprinkle of adobo (red cap from goya) some garlic powder (used to use fresh garlic it makes no discernable difference), a couple chipotles in adobo sauce (way better than plain fresh jalapeno), beef broth, cilantro, corn, black beans. Simmer for maybe 30 40 minutes. I would omit the corn and the beans and use less poblano if I were to use meat. Oh and a bit of sugar.

15 mins ago, IsmailG said:

The fat asses are going to come out of the woodwork for this one. 

Funny enough, my chili is one of my favorite keto meals. 

We like to make chili as camping food. Prepare and measure the ingredients ahead of time, put 'em in Ziploc bags, throw the bags in the cooler, and then, when we get to the campsite, throw everything in a Dutch oven, put it in the fire, and drink a case of beer while it cooks.

I like camping.

I made a batch of my Mom's recipe using venison. Gave some to a guy I worked with who hunts. Said it was the best venison dish he'd ever had.

The purists have a few issues with my recipe so **** them.