Wilgabeast

Selfish arrogance at the canal . Surprise surprise a

Rate this topic

215 posts in this topic

As I've been saying, make it catch and release - you'll see 75% of these dimwits disappear.  You want meat?  go elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, golden said:

As I've been saying, make it catch and release - you'll see 75% of these dimwits disappear.  You want meat?  go elsewhere.

They're poaching now, making c and r mandatory won't make a difference.

I've never been to the canal but NJ is getting worse every year. Less access and more people fishing every year. I've seen people get heated but never any fights, and anyone in NJ carrying a gun will be a cop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, ridenfish said:

They're poaching now, making c and r mandatory won't make a difference.

I've never been to the canal but NJ is getting worse every year. Less access and more people fishing every year. I've seen people get heated but never any fights, and anyone in NJ carrying a gun will be a cop.

Sure, some will still try to poach and get away with it, but it will be a lot harder to do.  A lot harder.  And will absolutely curb the majority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only rules which could be created would be an out right BAN of fishing the canal for all species.

 

You can't expect to make special catching protocols for the striped bass fishery for a specific region. 

 

Army Corp can (and have discussed from what I hear) to regulate "activities", which they have no other obligated legislation process to go thru to do it either.

And this would be the easiest solution as well, which would require limited patrolling to comply.

Last thing they want to do is be checking people if they are keeping fish, or legal size.

 

Crime, conflicts and litter on the Canal from fishing?

BAN FISHING.

Problem solved.

 

As for Chamber of Commerce issues, businesses, ect, the local economy would not blink and eye over the loss of tackle shops and fishermen visitors, they are a tiny fraction of the general visitor wealth that the Cape is famous for.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 mins ago, golden said:

As I've been saying, make it catch and release - you'll see 75% of these dimwits disappear.  You want meat?  go elsewhere.

 

DING DING DING!

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

51 mins ago, golden said:

Sure, some will still try to poach and get away with it, but it will be a lot harder to do.  A lot harder.  And will absolutely curb the majority.

Guys are carrying guns where they are not supposed to. Some guys are keeping shorts. Other are  stealing lobsters. And you expect all this to go away if its only C&R for stripers? I've got a bridge in Brooklyn you might be interested in buying, I'm selling it cheap! :hooked:

Edited by MakoMike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theres people who believe none of this is happening.  IMO these are not fishermen who go out night after night.  The serious night fishermen. Who come home just before dawn after being out all night.  Or hang around the Sandwich bulkhead all day, then proclaim "everyone looks fine to me :love: ".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, golden said:

As I've been saying, make it catch and release - you'll see 75% of these dimwits disappear.  You want meat?  go elsewhere.

I agree, but noone else does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 mins ago, MakoMike said:

Guys are carrying guns where they are not supposed to. Some guys are keeping shorts. Other are  stealing lobsters. And you expect all this to go away if its only C&R for stripers? I've got a bridge in Brooklyn you might be interested in buying, I'm selling it cheap! :hooked:

Did you miss the part where he said s hit is still gonna happen, but it will be less? Nobody ever said "all this will go away"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 mins ago, MakoMike said:

Guys are carrying guns where they are not supposed to. Some guys are keeping shorts. Other are  stealing lobsters. And you expect all this to go away if its only C&R for stripers? I've got a bridge in Brooklyn you might be interested in buying, I'm selling it cheap! :hooked:

So, you're telling me they'll open fire on the cops as they approach them?  You'll be buying the bridge if you don't think it would cut it down dramatically.  A 500 dollar fine or worse is most likely what they'd be looking at, based on similar violations. This wouldn't be the same as it is today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 3:20 PM, ged said:

There is always plenty of room at night on the canal. If you get mugged, just move to another vacant spot :)

ABSOLUTELY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

41 mins ago, golden said:

So, you're telling me they'll open fire on the cops as they approach them?  You'll be buying the bridge if you don't think it would cut it down dramatically.  A 500 dollar fine or worse is most likely what they'd be looking at, based on similar violations. This wouldn't be the same as it is today

Who said anything about opening fire on cops? Don't put words in my mouth. The jist of what I said is that making striper fishing C&R only would have little to no effect on what's going on at the canal today.

 

The guys who are pro C&R are already doing it and the poachers are unlikely to change their ways. After all they are ignoring the law now and nothing happens, how is that going to change if some higher authority makes it C&R only? What's need is enforcement not a change in the regs.

Edited by MakoMike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

where do these asshats come from? Sounds like the SPECIAL BUCKTAIL is needed there, a razor blade soldered in the bend of the hook works like a charm when cast across someone's line, slices it off like buttah. Can clear out a bunch of idiots in a hurry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, pakalolo said:

where do these asshats come from? Sounds like the SPECIAL BUCKTAIL is needed there, a razor blade soldered in the bend of the hook works like a charm when cast across someone's line, slices it off like buttah. Can clear out a bunch of idiots in a hurry.

Little bit of an improvement to my sharpen the bend with a file technique. I like it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.