Wilgabeast

Selfish arrogance at the canal . Surprise surprise a

Rate this topic

215 posts in this topic

13 mins ago, b-ware said:

a few years ago a well know fisherman and author pulled a hand gun on the canal while walking with his wife.  He shot and killed a threatening dog.  I don't recall the outcome of this action...……..

I assume you’re referring to Frank? If so, that wasn’t on the Canal...

1 hour ago, TLap21 said:

I assume you’re referring to Frank? If so, that wasn’t on the Canal...

My apologies...……..as  the story was told to me this happened at the east end parking lot at Scusset……...

1 hour ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

But you wear your underwear on the outside of your pants so that may be one reason also.:laugh:

It's not underwear, it's called a "Speedo" and sometimes I put the potato in the back...………………...

Having to carry or worry about others carrying while I'm fishing. Sounds like a great experience. That's exactly how I want to fish. If you have to threaten someone (with or without a weapon) over a fish, you've got issues...

On 7/18/2019 at 6:44 AM, capesams said:

every town in ma. is different when it comes to permits...it's up to the police chief as to what is stamped on your permit...here in chatham their all stamped "target practice" only...he said he doesn't want anyone carrying in public in his town.

Then your chief is in violation of the 1998 law changes.  If you request the license for all lawful purposes, he is burdened with proving why you cannot.  If he cannot provide proof, then he must approve of the request.  His agenda is not the law.   

5 hours ago, gdc23 said:

I am with you there, sad that we even have to think about this going fishing..

you got that right.

where I come from there are people that like to take advantage of situations when someone is alone and there are 3 of them.

so,I know how to do whats needed to avoid my becoming a victim,,,,3 rabbits cannot beat one wolf.

I prefer using a knife but,the heater is at the ready.

believe me,,,as I stated before,I am never the aggressor.

if screwballs show up next to me,I let them be and do my own thing.

HH

42 mins ago, pogie_boy said:

Then your chief is in violation of the 1998 law changes.  If you request the license for all lawful purposes, he is burdened with proving why you cannot.  If he cannot provide proof, then he must approve of the request.  His agenda is not the law.   

I thought it was funny that diff towns in the same state can have diff regs on CC.

it is much more confusing that one can carry in one town and cannot cross to another adjacent town without being a violater of their laws.

here in Ct the whole state regs apply to all towns the same.

is the way they do it there even legal?

HH

ps-I agree with you on the police chief thing,his way is not legal at all.

HH

5 mins ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

I thought it was funny that diff towns in the same state can have diff regs on CC.

it is much more confusing that one can carry in one town and cannot cross to another adjacent town without being a violater of their laws.

HH

HH

The laws do not vary town to town wrt cc.  

The law is the same across the state.

Wrt issuing cc permits, the state gives the local authority the ability to block or alter issuance based on knowlege of the individual and must provide proof.  

That said, it is known that many police chiefs do set their own agendas some for what many would call sensible reasons.  Others for not so sensible reasons.  

As also posted, if the chief denies or alters the issuance, it can be appealed in court and often is.

2 hours ago, pogie_boy said:

The laws do not vary town to town wrt cc.  

The law is the same across the state.

Wrt issuing cc permits, the state gives the local authority the ability to block or alter issuance based on knowlege of the individual and must provide proof.  

That said, it is known that many police chiefs do set their own agendas some for what many would call sensible reasons.  Others for not so sensible reasons.  

As also posted, if the chief denies or alters the issuance, it can be appealed in court and often is.

okay,got ya.

HH

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

HH

HH

If your from CT, I believe with MA gunlaws it would be illegal for you to carry in this state

Edited by gdc23

11 mins ago, gdc23 said:

If your from CT, I believe with MA gunlaws it would be illegal for you to carry in this state

Normally it would, but if a person with an out of state LTC also has a valid MA hunting or sportsman license, that person can carry a handgun into MA for the purpose of hunting when legal handgun hunting is permitted.