Wilgabeast

Selfish arrogance at the canal . Surprise surprise a

Rate this topic

215 posts in this topic

Last night was one of the biggest **** shows I’ve seen . I’ve been down for nearly a week and hadn’t lost one jig untill lastnight . 5 times I was crossed and screamed at to “open your fu**ing bale “ and Everytime I’d let my line to the person my line got cut and my jig was taken . I fished the last 3 nights at different spots all over the canal with all different sized groups of people and we never managed to get tangled EVERYcast or to steal each other’s tackle. Guys had no idea what canal etiquette is or a casting rotation . I do not think I will ever partake in a **** show spot like that again .... oh yah and there was no fish either 

Someone cut your line 5 times?  

I certainly would have informed them of proper etiquette, to say the least...

1 min ago, TLap21 said:

Someone cut your line 5 times?  

I certainly would have informed them of proper etiquette, to say the least...

I said something to a guy and he literally lifted his shirt to show me his gun .... I conceal carry also but is a 5$ jig worth a shoot out . I just told him I’ve been doing this 20 years now and it’s guys like him and his 20 buddies who ruin our sport and give the good guys a bad name 

6 mins ago, Wilgabeast said:

I said something to a guy and he literally lifted his shirt to show me his gun .... I conceal carry also but is a 5$ jig worth a shoot out . I just told him I’ve been doing this 20 years now and it’s guys like him and his 20 buddies who ruin our sport and give the good guys a bad name 

its my understanding that carrying loaded firearms on canal  properties is unlawful.

I would have called the Police immediately.

From the Rules & Regulations:

(10)Explosives, firearms, other weapons and fireworks.

(i) The possession of loaded firearms, ammunition, projectile firing devices, bows and arrows, crossbows, and explosives of any kind is prohibited unless in the possession of a law enforcement officer or Government employee on official duty or used for hunting during the hunting season as permitted under paragraph (q)(6) of this section, or unless written permission has been received from the division engineer.

It’s a war zone out there . I wouldn’t feel comfortable fishing like that again. I’ll be far away from crowds or on the beach 

21 mins ago, FishRatz said:

its my understanding that carrying loaded firearms on canal  properties is unlawful.

I would have called the Police immediately.

From the Rules & Regulations:

(10)Explosives, firearms, other weapons and fireworks.

(i) The possession of loaded firearms, ammunition, projectile firing devices, bows and arrows, crossbows, and explosives of any kind is prohibited unless in the possession of a law enforcement officer or Government employee on official duty or used for hunting during the hunting season as permitted under paragraph (q)(6) of this section, or unless written permission has been received from the division engineer.

100% correct. 

20 mins ago, Wilgabeast said:

It’s a war zone out there . I wouldn’t feel comfortable fishing like that again. I’ll be far away from crowds or on the beach 

There is always plenty of room at night on the canal. If you get mugged, just move to another vacant spot :)

40 mins ago, Wilgabeast said:

And that is more than enough to call the police!

14 mins ago, heyblue34 said:

And that is more than enough to call the police!

I am a Town of Bourne resident, and my tax dollars goes to support the local Police, whom would be called upon.

When I hear of things like this happening in my own town, it makes me want to motion at Town meetings to ban the fishing at the Canal, even tho  I fish there as well.

Its one thing that poaching is going on, always has, but when domestic crime rises surrounding the fishing activity, then something has to stop.

Seriously, now fishermen are pulling guns?????...for fishing and crossing lines????

Public safety is paramount!

1 hour ago, Wilgabeast said:

Wonder if he would be brought up on federal charges since he is on federal land and it is against the law to carry on the canal? I would have laughed at him and told him this info. Then I would have snapped a photo of his mug. 

6 mins ago, Kones1 said:

You flash a gun at me and you better get ready to pull it mf ‘er   I carry too and ain’t afraid to pull mine 

:th:

It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.