Fake/ Purchased Reviews on Amazon....How to have some fun and earn some $$$

Rate this topic

scoobydoo

Figured I'd share this as something NEW happened a few minutes ago.

To start out.  I receive about 100 emails monthly asking if I can 5 star review a companies product on amazon.com (90% I ignore...or reply with links for the same item at 1/10th the cost)

It's always the same thing.

Company is in China.

I must purchase the item from the amazon listing

They never provide the link to the listing only pictures describing it.

Promise a Paypal refund after leaving the review.

What happened this time that is funny.......

Someone replied to the company shaming them for begging for 5 star reviews.

Now what's funny about that.....The dolt at the company failed to BCC the email distribution list.

Whoops.

I've never noticed that before and looking back at previous emails......it happens often than not.....and I can cross reference those email addresses with reviews on amazon.

In the past year....I've turned a tidy little profit.....messing with these alibazaon chinese sellers.

What I do is.

Accept their offer.  Confirm a payment schedule (some items are a few hundred $$)

Post a review after receipt and let them know as such.

Receive paypal reimbursement.  Usually within 24 hours.

After receiving payment.  Edit the review copying and pasting their email confirming they are violating amazons rules and guidelines.

Sometimes the company sees this....sometimes they don't.......

IF they do... I negotiate a $$$ to remove the review

Return the item.

One recent example 300$ product.....

I paid 300$+ tax

They reimbursed 300+ tax + paypal fees

They paid 100$ to remove review

I returned the item  +$300 +tax

Between emails, unboxing, typing, and returning...spent about 40 minutes.......

Easy $400

What's even better....................it's the 3rd time I've done the same thing to the same company.

Here's a snapshot of the process.....what will happen next is my addition of the "we'll pay for your review" email to the amazon review....And I'll return the item and have UPS pick it up.....If they catch the review edit....it gets entertaining.....and I then report it to amazon.

SmartSelect_20190717-153411_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20190717-153355_Gallery.jpg

Edited by scoobydoo

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

So Mr. Doo ... I get that you're taking a play by an unscrupulous company via Amazon Ratings and throwing it back in their face ... no love loss there  ... but how about the person who reads your original rating and is influenced to buy the piece-o-crap? Even if the original rating is only up for a small window of time before you edit it ... would you consider yourself contributing to that scam? A bit of a reach on my part, but you might want to consider that ...

For the record, I find most of your post interesting and informative, so this isn't personal ...

Edited by jeffreyrichard

This is funny and a very smart way to make a couple of bucks of China. This country been taking dollars from us for years get yours. If someone is dumb enough to believe any reviews without doing research of items they are buying they get what they get. I’m not computer savvy enough but I’m sure some are thanks for posting. 

3 mins ago, AbbyDaddy said:

Form 1040, Schedule 1, #21 Other Income. Uncle Sam wants and gets his.

I wasn’t sure if there was a special spot for stuff like this ;)

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

21 mins ago, 55555s said:

FIFY

To answer the question, FWIW, at the moment, I cannot.

don't know what FIFY means, sounds like something the tools in the Tavern say.

If you have to lie and scam for a few bucks in the best economy ever - sucks to be you.

Edited by Cpalms

1 hour ago, jeffreyrichard said:

So Mr. Doo ... I get that you're taking a play by an unscrupulous company via Amazon Ratings and throwing it back in their face ... no love loss there  ... but how about the person who reads your original rating and is influenced to buy the piece-o-crap? Even if the original rating is only up for a small window of time before you edit it ... would you consider yourself contributing to that scam? A bit of a reach on my part, but you might want to consider that ...

For the record, I find most of your post interesting and informative, so this isn't personal ...

Oh by all means the reviews are accurate.... I would never lie or misrepresent the product. For exactly those reasons.  

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims