dena

White People

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

It’s hard to move beyond race when every single issue is framed as a racial issue. I am pretty sure only a small minority of us actually want the race issue to be behind us. 

5 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

They need white people to ensure that the discussion is productive. If the history of the world has taught us anything, it’s that brown needs a huge amount of guidance. 

especially if we limit our view of history to the last 3-4 hundred years.

before that not so much.......

but we have been kicking ass in recent history.

3 mins ago, saltydawg said:

I am pretty sure only a small minority of us actually want the race issue to be behind us. 

which makes it VERY difficult to put it behind us.

as the large majority of white people will be the minority of the peoples soon enough , don't have to be smart to figure that one out :rav:   

5 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

They need white people to ensure that the discussion is productive. If the history of the world has taught us anything, it’s that brown needs a huge amount of guidance. 

And if that doesn’t work, drone strike. 

30 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

which makes it VERY difficult to put it behind us.

Correct...too much $ and power in NOT having it put behind us

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thank god i'm not white,  not in this age and time...hell it seem like white on white hate is moving everything... the only good white folks left are in LGBTQ... and if you don't believe that then you are a "Racist" :witty: what i meant was if you don't agree with anything that's not white you are a Racist.... damn i'm a Racist and didnt even know it.. and i'm brown LOL... in fact by their way of thinking my guess is that this Forum is Racist... how many white faces we have as members compared to us brown skin Devils...ohhhhhhh

Edited by Drako

20 hours ago, Nessmuk said:

I'm not white.  I'm a tired, 57 year old veteran of 32 years service that just wants to retire to a house on an adirondack lake and go fishing.

If only I could pay the taxes.

I could not care less about skin colors.  People that do are friggin idiots.

Thanks for your Service Brother!  In the Marines the only color we cared about was Marine Green. The finest Marine I served with was Sgt. John Canley. A 6’ 4”

black Marine who was born in Caledonia, AK. He was the 1st Squad Leader, I was a new E-3 Cpl. who had just shipped over for another 3 years.  Sgt. Canley

took me under his wing and turned me Into  a passable Squad Leader In 4 months of building a New Marine Infantry Battalion In Mike Co., 3rd Bn., 5th Marine Regt., 1st  & 3rd Marine Divisions 1959 to 1961.

John Canley retired out of the Corps as a Sgt. Major.  About 6 months ago President Trump pinned the Medal of Honor around his neck.   You can see him

On utube! I recommend it!  In the Battle of Hue City during the Tet Offensive John was a Rifle Platoon Gunnery Sgt.,  on the first day of that fight Co. A, 1st Marine Regt,, 1st Marine Division all of A Company’s Officers we’re wounded or killed. John took command and fought a 7 day Battle against 6,000 North Vietnam Regulars. He was wounded 3 times and personally saved 21 of his wounded Marines under heavy machine gun fire.

Nessmuk,

Take a look at the Endless Mountains of NEPA just south of the Catskill Mountains!  Low taxes and trout streams and Mountain Lakes!  You can fish the famous trout waters of NY by a short drive north.

21 hours ago, tomkaz said:

And what do you do with white woman who decides she must speak with s black voice?

rachel-naacp-2.jpg

At least she remained a woman... I think?

16 hours ago, fish'nmagician said:

especially if we limit our view of history to the last 3-4 hundred years.

before that not so much.......

but we have been kicking ass in recent history.

I think your history is shaky, but you keep narrowing your view. 

Lost in all of this is that Whites are the minority globally buy a 90% +/- margin, just not in the USA.

I'm not even sure how in hell we define a dumb concept like race.  Is it a certain number of genes?  A light meter?  Who decides where the lines are?

Stupid, and yet people cling to the concept because it salves their self esteem, or serves some political purpose.  Culture & attitude, those mean something.  Race is stupid.

17 hours ago, Drako said:

Thank god i'm not white,  not in this age and time...hell it seem like white on white hate is moving everything... the only good white folks left are in LGBTQ... and if you don't believe that then you are a "Racist" :witty: what i meant was if you don't agree with anything that's not white you are a Racist.... damn i'm a Racist and didnt even know it.. and i'm brown LOL... in fact by their way of thinking my guess is that this Forum is Racist... how many white faces we have as members compared to us brown skin Devils...ohhhhhhh

its still pretty awesome, truth be told.