RI Fish Report Blog. July 17 - July 24

Rate this topic

This fish report blog was created as a communal gathering place to share and report weekly fishing activity that could benefit those you use the RI forum.

The purpose is to blend together all reports in a portal so they are easy to access into one file for ease of viewing. 

This is the second year trying this approach of a journal . I think last year had great participation. 

Now it's up to you to post your success or skunks.   Either way let us know. It all helps us to be informed.  

More hot weather coming this week. Already into the mid week of July. Summers going fast. Keep those reports coming, good or bad.

We'd like to hear. 

Nothing flies by me without a hook!
If my fly is down, That's a good thing.

Public Access.....It's a shore thing. My daily requirement of "Vitamin Sea".

Capt. Ray Stachelek

Just got back ....Terrible....way west soco found no weed Ne winds at 7-10mph perfect conditions high drop, 1 schoolie,  one good strike and bunch of taps, had a hogy and teaser chopped in half so eels may or may not have made a difference....not a bway 

it seems the shore bite has been awful from everything i'm seeing, but i will admit this has been my best boat season ever. Not sure whats going on why they're not coming into shore. My friends marina on the salt pond has a school of 29-35 inch stripers in it every day. About 10-15 of them, we toss them my leftover bait when i come back in.

Same here so far, although I am seeing a lot more bait around, including big Pogies. In fact ,Thursday I was watching two big schools of Pogies from the second floor of the Navy Gym when a couple of small trawlers came in (actually went inside the white warning buoys) and scooped up every single last one.  They were really quick about it and sped back to Newport Harbor ASAP.

Definitely more people out there fishing.  Probably a product of On The Water reporting 30+ Lbs bass from LI to Maine.  The reports are true but it doesn't say anything about the state of the fisheries.

My apologies for the miserable post, byproduct of a slight hangover. 

Every Sunrise A Victory

Your patriotism is not determined by the size of your flag or how vigorously you wave it in someone's face.  Any as$hole can fly a flag.

There was a large school of small blues blizting last evening. Saw some good sized splashes within as well. Just as the school was dissipating I hooked into a good fish which was pulling drag. I made an effort to slow it down by pausing to tighten it up and he was off. It's possible there was some bass underneath them but it was impossible to get past the chompers.