coolhandfluke

your favorite brand water ice.

Rate this topic

69 posts in this topic

6 mins ago, coolhandfluke said:

polish water ice for me.   nice and smooth.  you wont catch me at ritas. I hate chunks in my water ice.    

Love them both, especially the chunks of cherries in the ritas

Whichever one keeps the inbred, filthy, philth in their zip codes.  And lets the rest of the civilized world enjoy Italian ice in peace.

16 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

Italian Ice... I'm addicted to Lindy's Brand 

7098192a-7775-4a3d-a2f9-12173b8d2676_1.766d83b83d91e64f6620ca755d97947a.jpeg

Nothing but the best homemade chemicals.

Ingredients

Mango!":" @"Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Sugar, Natural Flavor, Yellow #6, Dextrose, Lecithin (Soy), Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan, Citric Acid, Malic Acid". Pineapple!":" @"Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Sugar, Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Dextrose, Lecithin (Soy), Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan, Malic Acid, Yellow #5".

Used to be a place near us called N'awlins Snowballs..

Used shaved ice and added flavored syrup. They had countless flavors and I thought it was better than water ice.

The couple that owned the shop was from N.O. and they said snowballs were the way it's done in the big easy..

Guess I was in the minority because they're no longer in business...lol

Rita's is ok in a pinch, but the home made lemon ice from little Italy is worth a road trip...

7 mins ago, hobobob said:

Nothing but the best homemade chemicals.

Ingredients

Mango!":" @"Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Sugar, Natural Flavor, Yellow #6, Dextrose, Lecithin (Soy), Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan, Citric Acid, Malic Acid". Pineapple!":" @"Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Sugar, Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Dextrose, Lecithin (Soy), Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan, Malic Acid, Yellow #5".

Thanks for ruining those for me :rolleyes:

I have never heard Italian ice called water ice before.  At first I thought this thread was a joke and was refering to ice cubes...

1 min ago, PaddyCrabby said:

I have never heard Italian ice called water ice before.  At first I thought this thread was a joke and was refering to ice cubes...

I always thought "Italian Ice" meant an ice cube with an oily hair in it 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Ralph’s Ices by us - no prepackaged Stop & Shop stuff, all homemade and  scooped from a tub. 

My favorite is cherry and lemon combo. 

Wolf’s sherbet is good too, but pricey at $4 a scoop, cash only and they won’t accept bills larger than a twenty. Eff that, took the family there after dinner to eat sherbet and walk in the park on the bay and all I had was a hundo, we gave back four double scoop cups and walked out. If it was me, I wouldn’t ever go back but my daughter insists. 

Edited by Wayne Tj