John O'

Whitehorse Beach Plymouth

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, jmarino1432 said:

You gotta find the right school. There’s been one or two bass per school. We were getting bit within the first minute of being on a pogie school. After that nothing, they’d shut down. If they aren’t there within 5 or 10 min move to the next school. It’s all about covering water. Look for the pogies swimming in a tighter circle. They aren’t necessarily getting smacked into the air but the bass are corralling them

That’s been my plan of attack moving around  finding  The right schools. It’s aggravating when you see fish blowing up on schools but not grabbing your pogie

had a few followers as well but it was late morning went back out later in the evening after the tide change! That’s when we got fish. I’ve been hearing a lot of followers. 

Edited by bassturds

3 hours ago, zenman said:

Fished north of white horse 2 days ago. Been keeping this to myself so no one thinks i’m losing my mind but I swear I saw a tuna tail come out of a school of pogies just off the beach. 

There’s definitely been some tuna on the schools. You’re not crazy don’t wordy. 

Pogies came in close enough for me to reach yesterday. Casted multiple plugs through the schools and came up empty. Threw on a tin and ripped it through, snagged one, let it swim for about 5 minutes, but nothing. Bud Lights were good though...

2 mins ago, HanoverStriper said:

Pogies came in close enough for me to reach yesterday. Casted multiple plugs through the schools and came up empty. Threw on a tin and ripped it through, snagged one, let it swim for about 5 minutes, but nothing. Bud Lights were good though...

Did you try topwater stuff?

14 hours ago, BillyBallGame said:

There’s definitely been some tuna on the schools. You’re not crazy don’t wordy. 

Tuna? eating pogies? no chance u guys are crazy they only eat herring!

9 mins ago, John O' said:

Did you try topwater stuff?

Pencils, SS Poppers, Redfins, Mavericks, Bucktails, Tins. There were fish coming completely out of the water. I have no doubt there were fish down there, but I suck...

Edited by HanoverStriper

11 mins ago, HanoverStriper said:

Pencils, SS Poppers, Redfins, Mavericks, Bucktails, Tins. There were fish coming completely out of the water. I have no doubt there were fish down there, but I suck...

When they've gotten on those pogie schools they want nothing but a snagged pogie. 

Edited by BillyBallGame

10 mins ago, BillyBallGame said:

When they've gotten on those pogie schools they want nothing but a snagged pogie. 

Yeah, that's what I figured. I'll be prepared with a weighted treble next time. 

23 mins ago, HanoverStriper said:

Well, great effort anyway.  Better luck next time.  I wish I had a video of me standing at a crowded with swimmers WHB holding my rod leering out at the out of reach school of pogies. :mad:

2 hours ago, BillyBallGame said:

Even then they still don’t want a snag pogy