jhillman17

What's up with TD?

Rate this topic

395 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Cpalms said:

It ain't a small store - it's a huge store.  Perhaps the largest tackle shop in the US.   They have put more tackle shops out of business than Amazon.

But by all means be a sucker.

Utter Clap-Trap  The first half of your first sentence is the only thing true about this statement.  I thank God everyday I left retail...

To bad these guys can't just get someone to respond to them without having to go on internet and showing the people that they were getting no where. Thank God for SOL or they would really be SOL.

14 hours ago, fmtuna said:

Post a problem you had with Dicks, or BassPro, or Cabelas, or any other major and see how many ex-VP's or ex-employees that are no longer on the payroll hop on to try and help you out of a fix..... I'm going to guess the response time is going to be a little bit longer...

CYA round....

I think that any other business gets back to you in a more timely fashion than the guys on here that got no where until you stepped up to the plate. 

You can't survive on how good you used to be. Looks like things are out of control and they need you back there.

Maybe find out why they are on hold for   hours knowing no one will ever return their call.

Love your videos and catalog, use them for product information all the time.

16 mins ago, b4loran said:

To bad these guys can't just get someone to respond to them without having to go on internet and showing the people that they were getting no where. Thank God for SOL or they would really be SOL.

Listen, I am not a loyal customer or fan of TD. I buy from them for many many years as I do with the saltwater edge or tackle warehouse. I’ve never experienced any issues with delivery or the service. Unfortunately they got into an unusual situation with their system which does not reflect the past or future quality of service. I suggest you stop dancing on their blood.

1 hour ago, Shipwreck said:

If you are having issues and they have not been resolved as of this am, please DM me.

What’s you relationship with TD?

25 mins ago, levari said:

Listen, I am not a loyal customer or fan of TD. I buy from them for many many years as I do with the saltwater edge or tackle warehouse. I’ve never experienced any issues with delivery or the service. Unfortunately they got into an unusual situation with their system which does not reflect the past or future quality of service. I suggest you stop dancing on their blood.

"I suggest" that's funny, bless your heart.

On 7/16/2019 at 11:39 AM, levari said:

Luckily I used PayPal. I am going to call PP and ask a refund If i have to spend another 5 minutes trying to reach TD by phone or if I don’t get my order by the end of next week.

What are you saying? "I've never"

1 min ago, b4loran said:

"I suggest" that's funny, bless your heart.

What are you saying? "I've never"

I’ve never experienced any issues other than this time as a result of their system upgrade issues. What is so difficult to understand?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Man, I wonder if Tim should shut this down.

This post is going to be half public service message if you have an order with TD and half rant.  Also I am not or never have been an employee or family of TD.  I am an interested 3rd party with lots of buds there.

1. I was correct in surmising the system switch has not gone as planned.  No matter what the company getting paid handsomely to do the upgrade promises, I have yet to see one work.  What is unfortunate is there are levels of upgrade issues and it seems TD is in the 7th Ring of Hell level.  They are absolutely trying and things are improving.  One of the issues is they cannot issue ship notices or auto track the package.  So they cant update you.  The item may be on your porch this afternoon, but they cannot tell you.  This is causing a call backlog, which gets 'squeaky wheels' on the internet chirping which increases the backlog.  See how that works?  These guys know things are ****ed.  The phone staff is getting yelled at and cursed at all dang day.  Some of them are literally in tears because they want to help.  And these guys are warriors and fighting to help the customer. One order at the a time!  If I was in management I would be damned proud of them for the fight they are putting up.  So your order is not lost, the staff is not ignoring you while playing pinochle.  Your order will arrive and they fully understand your anger.  I ask you to keep in mind the many many years and millions of orders you have received from TD, the great deals, and all the help they ever gave you when you had to have that reel before you left for Roosters in Mexico for instance.  I would ask you to give them a ****ing break, be adult, be patient, and excuse them this very difficult, yet temporary period.  Think of all those years and give them a few bad weeks.  

2.  That leads me to my rant.  This type of bull **** on Social Media is all too common. But it sucks in fishing especially.   I dont think I have enough fingers to list how the internet has ****ed fishing.  But this type of behavior has got to be right next to posting live reports in HD video.  Tackle shops are a dying breed.  And just like giving up our privacy rights, uninformed sm addicts seem to be hell bent to rush towards their destruction.  Congrats you are almost there.  Pretty soon you can get on Piscifun's FB page and complain.  Let us know how that goes.  Or try giving Amazon a call about a roller bearing.  The knee jerk reaction to get online and vomit your frustrations on the world is disgusting and juvenile.  Literally juvenile, you sound like my snowflake son yelling at Bank of America because he is pissed about an account fee.  Think about your life and your job.  Ever **** up?  Ever get in a situation that is totally not your fault, but you get slammed or docked pay anyway?  Ever have a project that is snakebit?  Before you go out headhunting to try and hurt a tackle shop (and you do hurt them, your rants work) because of your small isolated issue think about your own life and job.  I have handled literally TENS of THOUSANDS of customer transactions from selling worms at retail to pitching in a board room at _______________.  I have seen how adults with issues solve problems.  I have seen how good tackle shops take care of people when those people work with them.  Even someone as large as TD (not the largest btw) is not friggen WalMart or HD where you can bluster, blame, and flat out lie to get a ****ing gift card.  Keep on bitching and moaning and celebrating big Manufactures giving Amazon a Penn for $60 and pretty soon your Avatar will have nobody to complain to but us.  And we are running out of people who care.  Look at who has gone out of biz just in NJ.  Meltzers, Efingers, L and H, Harrys, and I could go on.  Keep it up, you are almost there.  :th:

All I ask if you have an issue, try a tactic other than outrage.  Try to understand that sometimes **** happens and you may not get your way.  I suggest flying often commercially for a year or two if you want to see what its like not to get your way.  I ask you consider paying more to buy local because its not the shops fault that Bezos is funding discounts in the EXPRESSED INTENT to sell at a loss in order to sink Brick and Mortar.:headscratch::idea:       Your crusade to spit roast this wader company, that counter guy or some warranty department online just simply sucks.  

I write this not because of any issue other than I am worried if we dont draw a line in the sand and support your local shop they will literally be gone.  Like pretty soon.  This is not a guess or a hypothesis, this is a solid fact, I watch it and deal with it every single day.  Its happening.  Do you really want this?  I am on the back half of my career.  And after a long time dealing with people at retail and I pretty comfortable walking away and letting low info customers get what they deserve.  Wont affect me.  But the other part of me does not want to see mom and pops die.  I dont see an upside and clearly see the downsides.  I hope someday when my kids have kids I get to stop by a shop and shoot the **** with the other customers and let the kids look at the eels in the bait tank while Grumpy calls me an idiot.  How could you not?  Lets try and stop this ****.  Some dude asked about my top 5 hated things?  This is 1 through 5 for me.  How about we stop?

Rant over.  I apologize for the forcefulness.  

Edited by Shipwreck

Seems social media did some good here.  TD was unable to respond to their customers and TD fans came to their defense and explained the issue.  Whether or not the explanation is good enough for buyers impacted is up to them.  

1 hour ago, b4loran said:

I think that any other business gets back to you in a more timely fashion than the guys on here that got no where until you stepped up to the plate. 

You can't survive on how good you used to be. Looks like things are out of control and they need you back there.

Maybe find out why they are on hold for   hours knowing no one will ever return their call.

Love your videos and catalog, use them for product information all the time.

Thanks for the kind words... I know that the boys are well down the road on getting this fixed and still burning the midnight oil...and I agree that you can never sit on your laurels particularly when it comes to a customers experience.  It's rare for people to share a great experience, but the ones that go South are always a topic of conversation in the future.

Pretty sure I remember you from years ago on another fishing site.... you've got a memorable handle.... stuff like that registers with old guys like me!  hahahaha.....

I bought a guy cotten efficient top from them I ordered a 3x they sent me a 2x twice and when I sent it back they said it was on backorder so I waited about two weeks and called and the guy on the phone said I should cancel my order 

Are you not held accountable when you screw up at work? Is your rear end not on the hot seat if your project is tanking? Regardless of how much TD’s staff is trying to help (and I know they’re taking it on the chin right now), simple fact is they are a business. And that business is taking in our money and is a) having an issue getting to to us in a timely manner, b) unable to actually update inventory or know what they have in stock but still taking our money, c) not responding to emails because no one can get through by phone (I’m already on hold for an hour this morning). So as a business there does need to be accountability and some sort of good will shown to their customers. Haven’t seen that yet. 

Its all well and great to spew rhetoric about small business and mom and pops shops, but you can’t rely on friendly smiles and being cornerstones. No one is really out there looking out for us as consumers. Banks. Businesses. Whomever. Hell yea I’ll get on the phone with the bank about an absurd account fee. Hell yea I’ll demand some sort of discount if a business wants my business in the future if they’ve effed up and continue to do so. And sadly social media is the only way to keep businesses in check sometimes. There needs to be some sort of urgency.