jhillman17

What's up with TD?

Rate this topic

390 posts in this topic

There is definitely an issue with reflected inventory. But I don't understand why three different people had different answers. When I spoke to an agent on thursday, they confirmed my order to have the purchased braid spooled on. They spoke as if it's in stock. On monday they told me they didn't know why it wasn't spooled on. Only yesterday did someone tell me it was out of stock and that they are having major issues reflecting the correct inventory of items.

Again, A company of this size should have redundancies and extra staff on hand who are able to assist with the backlog of orders and service inquiries. There's just no preparedness. And in all honesty, it's only human nature for their agents to appear to be agitated because they are dealing with us (the supremely ticked off and annoyed customers) call after call.

I've always had excellent experiences with tackledirect. I can understand how things get all messed up when you're trying to improve a revamp your entire system.

Seems that picking the prime summer months to do such a thing is not a good business practice at all pair a

I am sure they did so out of necessity and not by choice and I hope everything gets cleared away as this is one of the best companies going

Ive only been to the store once despite driving past it on the GSP for a few years. Young kid helped me out that knew his sh** fo his age and didnt try to seel me anything I didnt need.  

Online they are the best.  Ive ordered from them dozens of times and only had one issue that was my fault. I made an order twice as I wasnt paying attention with autofill and I had an account for a gmail account I hardly ever use. John V cleared it up right away.  I am a customer for life. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I've been shopping with them since they had the store in Ocean City, then Somers Point and  now at there current location.  I've never had a problem with them either when I go to the store or buy online.  I have no dibs on the place but I'm sorry to hear some had bad experiences.  TD is my go to place for any kind of tackle these days.  Keep up the good work TD.  You've got it all and will have me a as a customer.  

Let's remember folks, nothing is perfect.

Edited by Spigola

14 hours ago, b4loran said:

More than a few minutes, no one else would help. Have been back and was treated like I was being a pain in the ass last time as I had a list of odds and ends,from bally hoo hooks, lights, 3 way swivels, crimps, etc. When I couldn't find an item and asked I was given a look like are you asking me another question. I have no reason to trash them except for the way I have been treated. Glad you had one good experience.

That's odd and definitely the first time I've heard someone complain about TD customer service at their retail store. For the record - and not saying this was your case, I've never met you - but some times folks with lists of terminal tackle that's all in the same general area asking for someone to show them each item can actually be a pain in the ass ;)

TimS

FWIW, FMTuna is having someone reach out to me today regarding my order.  I gave him my phone and order # yesterday afternoon.  Needless to say, guessing I won't get my order before the Friday deadline, but we'll see what happens.  

I did get a call this morning from the tackle direct line, but it was an automated message asking me to leave a message... which I thought was odd considering their system was calling me?  Hoping to speak with a human today!

2 mins ago, TimS said:

That's odd and definitely the first time I've heard someone complain about TD customer service at their retail store. For the record - and not saying this was your case, I've never met you - but some times folks with lists of terminal tackle that's all in the same general area asking for someone to show them each item can actually be a pain in the ass ;)

TimS

It was all spread out, and not together. You can defend them all you want and can think I am a pain in the ass because their layout sucks. I have been there enough to know it sucks. Every other tackle shop loves me that I frequent, never considered a pain in the ass trying to find stuff to buy. Pompous, arrogant,lazy people is all I have run into there. I don't really give a rats ass how you think they are, I'm just telling it like it is in my experience. No big deal for me to spend my thousands other places. 

Face the fact that this man is going away and can't get an answer even after someone on here from TD saw this and told him to call again. If that is not poor service I must be out of touch with good customer service.

Forget what my experience was, look at this guys experience. 

Update:  Just got a call from Tyler at TD, he stated that he located the item I ordered on July 1st in their warehouse, and will be shipping it out overnight... so I should get it by Friday.  He was nice and apologized for the issues/delays, etc... stated they are getting over 1100 calls a day between 6 service agents.  

I may use them again if I get into another situation where nobody else is carrying what I need, but I will probably use them as a last resort instead of my go-to, that's for sure.    

Maybe it was a perfect storm of issues, but still seems like a very poorly managed situation overall.  

Hope everyone else's delays and issues are fixed sooner than later.

I'd assume it's a mix of icast and the logistics overhaul they're doing.  I buy from TD whenever I can as I've had issues with amazon listings being incorrect, such as a floating magic swimmer when the listing said a FSK.  

17 hours ago, b4loran said:

Worse sales people I have ever dealt with. Went to pick up some supplies for Panama and was told that the rod I wanted was only on sale on the internet, not for pickup at store. Took forever to get help in store as sales associate made a friend and was talking about what a great fresh water fishermen he was. Extremely arrogant people I dealt with there. I thought if you just ordered on line you would be fine, but I guess I was wrong there.

Great for getting specs on equipment and a price, then buy somewhere else. 

It is a shame that having a friend in the business has only gotten you excuses.

One price on internet but a higher price if you purchase direct from store .......... that's not a way to do business.. I would like them ( fm tuna) to explain why they charge more if you buy direct from their store.

1 hour ago, jhillman17 said:

FWIW, FMTuna is having someone reach out to me today regarding my order.  I gave him my phone and order # yesterday afternoon.  Needless to say, guessing I won't get my order before the Friday deadline, but we'll see what happens.  

:th:

TimS

1 hour ago, b4loran said:

Face the fact that this man is going away and can't get an answer even after someone on here from TD saw this and told him to call again. If that is not poor service I must be out of touch with good customer service.

Forget what my experience was, look at this guys experience. 

Ironically, someone from TD that saw this contacted this man and took care of it - including over nighting the guy's order. So a guy posts a thread and that thread results in him getting his order over nighted and in time for the trip he is taking. If that's not good customer service I might be out of touch with bad customer service :)  

It's clear you have a personal ax to grind - and I'm not defending anyone, I'm telling you that for as long as they've been in business they have gotten nothing but positive reviews here. Their history defends them. I'm sorry you felt slighted with your list of terminal tackle and everyone being busy at the store. I never said you are a pain in the ass, I don't know you - I said a guy with a list of terminal tackle asking an employee to point them to each item on the list while they are busy might be considered a pain in the ass. Luckily this is America and you can spend your money anywhere you want and for whatever reasons you want :th:  

@fmtuna - thank you for reaching out to the thread starter and getting this straightened out for him - hopefully you guys get the online store system upgrade figured out and back to being one of the best sites to buy from anywhere :)

TimS

27 mins ago, J Wagen said:

One price on internet but a higher price if you purchase direct from store .......... that's not a way to do business.. I would like them ( fm tuna) to explain why they charge more if you buy direct from their store.

I worked there for a couple years and I can’t recall ever hearing something like this.

On 7/16/2019 at 9:05 AM, TimS said:

I'm guessing icast as they run about the tightest ship out there for an online store - I've constantly been impressed with their system and service. It is entirely out of character for anyone to have a complaint about them - in all the years here they've gotten nothing but rave reviews about them always going above and beyond with their customer service.  One guy that usually knows what's going on is @fmtuna - hopefully he can give us some info :th:

Then again, he might be wrapped up at icast :o  

TimS

I'm surprised to hear you say that.  I have had problem after problem with TD - terrible customer service.  mental errors.  Unless I have no other choice I avoid TD.