jhillman17

What's up with TD?

Rate this topic

390 posts in this topic

Levari,  I received the same email on July 11th... but for me, going to TackleDirect and using their contact options hasn't yielded any results for me.  Unfortunately, with my job I don't have the ability to call all day long and wait on hold for hours.  Twice i input my call back number for someone to call me back and i have yet to get a call back from last week.

Is being shipped to Chicago, hopefully.   

1 min ago, jhillman17 said:

Levari,  I received the same email on July 11th... but for me, going to TackleDirect and using their contact options hasn't yielded any results for me.  Unfortunately, with my job I don't have the ability to call all day long and wait on hold for hours.  Twice i input my call back number for someone to call me back and i have yet to get a call back from last week.

Is being shipped to Chicago, hopefully.   

Luckily I used PayPal. I am going to call PP and ask a refund If i have to spend another 5 minutes trying to reach TD by phone or if I don’t get my order by the end of next week.

I will say in the past never had an issue and got all items way quicker than expected. That being said last month I entered the retail store twice in a three week span and to say it was a little light was an understatement. Bucktails and jigheads were cleaned out. Went back that second time and it looked exactly the same. Other tackle throughout the store and braided line selection were wiped out. Curious if there's a supply issue as well. 

Well there is no sugarcoating this one but Shipwreck was pretty close. A major system overhaul to handle order volume and leave room for growth and better service for the future was rolled in and when it when live it set off all sorts of issues that unfortunatly noone anticipated.  This is what created the huge logjam of orders and logistical issues that the guys are literally working round the clock manually to try and fix.
TD built the business on customer service and having this happen is just beyond compehension.  We all know when you order something you expect it to arrive quickly and exactly the way you ordered it and there really is no excuse when that does not happen.  The guys will credit or correct everything they can, as fast as they can,  but please try and be patient as the customer service guys are dealing with a volume of calls like never before.
So... no excuses, just a true explanation and sincerest apologies... and thanks for whatever understanding you can muster.

27 mins ago, fmtuna said:

Well there is no sugarcoating this one but Shipwreck was pretty close. A major system overhaul to handle order volume and leave room for growth and better service for the future was rolled in and when it when live it set off all sorts of issues that unfortunatly noone anticipated.  This is what created the huge logjam of orders and logistical issues that the guys are literally working round the clock manually to try and fix.
TD built the business on customer service and having this happen is just beyond compehension.  We all know when you order something you expect it to arrive quickly and exactly the way you ordered it and there really is no excuse when that does not happen.  The guys will credit or correct everything they can, as fast as they can,  but please try and be patient as the customer service guys are dealing with a volume of calls like never before.
So... no excuses, just a true explanation and sincerest apologies... and thanks for whatever understanding you can muster.

Is there a way to get an update on my order?  or know when the item will ship to see if it has a chance to get here by Friday?  I found another online dealer and can try some expedited shipping, but don't want to end up with 2 of the same thing either.  

J.... I am sorry I am not in-house anymore or I would just go dig it out and look.  Every work station in the call center is manned right now, ... probably a decent time to try and get thru.

I've ordered enough from TD and never had an issue. A few days delay during icast week and summer vacations, saddled along with a major system change isn't going to drive me elsewhere. I'm a little amazed they got my stuff out when they did.

Worse sales people I have ever dealt with. Went to pick up some supplies for Panama and was told that the rod I wanted was only on sale on the internet, not for pickup at store. Took forever to get help in store as sales associate made a friend and was talking about what a great fresh water fishermen he was. Extremely arrogant people I dealt with there. I thought if you just ordered on line you would be fine, but I guess I was wrong there.

Great for getting specs on equipment and a price, then buy somewhere else. 

It is a shame that having a friend in the business has only gotten you excuses.

29 mins ago, b4loran said:

Worse sales people I have ever dealt with. Went to pick up some supplies for Panama and was told that the rod I wanted was only on sale on the internet, not for pickup at store. Took forever to get help in store as sales associate made a friend and was talking about what a great fresh water fishermen he was. Extremely arrogant people I dealt with there. I thought if you just ordered on line you would be fine, but I guess I was wrong there.

Great for getting specs on equipment and a price, then buy somewhere else. 

It is a shame that having a friend in the business has only gotten you excuses.

Not following - you dealt with a salesperson that took a few minutes to finish up with the customer they were dealing with - and that makes all of TD the worst sales people you've ever dealt with?  What did the other sales persons do that made them the worst? And arrogant?

I only ask because I've been there exactly once and thought they were outstanding - and I've only ever heard the same thing from other people. 

TimS

I placed an order with them on the 13th. The order on my account page says “pending” but I just got a shipping confirmation email. Looks like its about to ship though because the label has been created

4 mins ago, TimS said:

Not following - you dealt with a salesperson that took a few minutes to finish up with the customer they were dealing with - and that makes all of TD the worst sales people you've ever dealt with?  What did the other sales persons do that made them the worst? And arrogant?

I only ask because I've been there exactly once and thought they were outstanding - and I've only ever heard the same thing from other people. 

TimS

More than a few minutes, no one else would help. Have been back and was treated like I was being a pain in the ass last time as I had a list of odds and ends,from bally hoo hooks, lights, 3 way swivels, crimps, etc. When I couldn't find an item and asked I was given a look like are you asking me another question. I have no reason to trash them except for the way I have been treated. Glad you had one good experience.

I must admit I was suprised to see how many pepole had bad expereinces with TD. I have been a very good customer for years, too good according to my bank account. I have always recieved excellent service, got promt responces and recieved ordered hear sooner than expected. I always gave them excellent reviews. That was until last week. No responce to anything other than phone call. Each time I called (& I had to call back several times to get my order straightend out) I was on hold for an avearge of 30 mins. When someone finally answered, they we apologetic and explained that they were having trouble with a new system. This seems to be an understatement. It is obvious to me based upon my last couple orders over the last week, their system is not working. They are having trouble with shipping especially expidited, as in, not possible unless manually overridden, even then it's dicy, and their invintory is way off, as in online site shows in stock but items are not in stock. On top of that, they seem to be way understaffed. It should not take 30 mins on hold to have a phone call answered. Perhaps staff are busy trying to compensate for or fix their new highly disfuntional system? What ever the case, I certainly hope they get it fixed soon or they are going to lose loyal customers as there are many choices in online stores.

JD

Posted (edited) · Report post

Edited by TimS
Once again, leave the personal stuff out of it - what you think someone else should do isn't relevant to this discussion