jhillman17

What's up with TD?

Rate this topic

390 posts in this topic

Following up on my comment earlier 

I ordered a blackhole rod a month ago

Order is still pending I have been trying to call TD for over a weed and send many emails.   This morning they picked up under a minute.   I told the sales rep I wanted to cancel my order. 

He replied give me 5 min I want to get in touch with Black hole and see why we did not get our last delivery.  I agreed.   That was over 3 hrs ago.   

I emailed  Blackhole myself and got a response on 5 min.  The rod will not be available until fall if at all this year.  

I called back Tackle D.   No answer 

on hold 2 separate times.  Both over 45 min.   I’ll start the email process again

I have no vendetta against them just want my money back.   Already missed one trip and purchased a high end reel for this $580 rod.  

Pic is holding time and response from Blackhole

3FA2498E-CD66-43E9-8900-FB675F1DEE06.png

E6C4A043-5E81-487D-94D0-D286FA48ACEA.png

7 hours ago, levari said:

1/2 an hour? I don’t believe you. What about I conference you when I call them and we make a bet that the response time is less than 10 minutes? Will you take the challenge for $100? I have the technology to record the call.

Lev,

You gotz a lot of stuff.

Obviously, all is still not well with TD, but for the record, my friend in NC hadn’t heard about the issues and placed 3 orders in the past 3 weeks. Everything arrived correct and timely.

On 8/16/2019 at 10:31 AM, YAKnDIVE said:

I also got a refund.   Cancelled the order after 1 month

TD took a torpedo when they installed  that new computer system. Prior to that they were probably the biggest seller of fishing tackle in N.J. Can't believe it's taking so long to fix it. The money they lost an the Bad Will this created ......... they will remember for a loooong time.

42 mins ago, J Wagen said:

TD took a torpedo when they installed  that new computer system. Prior to that they were probably the biggest seller of fishing tackle in N.J. Can't believe it's taking so long to fix it. The money they lost an the Bad Will this created ......... they will remember for a loooong time.

I wonder. When faced with a buying decision and TD might be the  lowest price  vendor it’s amazing how short memories can be . The Punter in people tends to come to the fore.

What is not apparent to some is that when crap happens it happens and the whole Shabang goes down the pan. Every part of a business gets effected and malfunctions.

A systems issue for a mail order company is paralysing.

They will I hope ride the wave and recover and it will be as before.

Mike

50 mins ago, Mike Oliver said:

I wonder. When faced with a buying decision and TD might be the  lowest price  vendor it’s amazing how short memories can be . The Punter in people tends to come to the fore.

What is not apparent to some is that when crap happens it happens and the whole Shabang goes down the pan. Every part of a business gets effected and malfunctions.

A systems issue for a mail order company is paralysing.

They will I hope ride the wave and recover and it will be as before.

Mike

Mike,

I agree over time it will be water over the dam, however, the $$$ that went over the dam will not come back, nor will some of their pissed off customers.

56 mins ago, J Wagen said:

Mike,

I agree over time it will be water over the dam, however, the $$$ that went over the dam will not come back, nor will some of their pissed off customers.

J

That is pretty much how it will be. Pity but it’s life.

What I hope for  is that everyone  who has or had a problem gets looked after and that the business bounces back as livelihoods could be lost. 

That would be a tragedy.

Tight Lines 

Mikey

22 mins ago, GuiltyAsCharged said:

Why do people order 'out of stock' items from TD without checking availability time frames?

Darwin probably used to ask questions like this to.

Mikey