jhillman17

What's up with TD?

Rate this topic

405 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Well this has been an entertaining hour-long read!  Tim, you better be on your best behavior from here on out! :laugh:

Any recommendations on whether or not I should order a couple of rods from TD or not? :D

Edited by NYNistler

42 mins ago, NYNistler said:

Any recommendations on whether or not I should order a couple of rods from TD or not? :D

Go for it. What could possibly go wrong?

On July 15, 2019 at 4:35 PM, squidder 329 said:

Their online store apparently is sectioned off from the main store and I had to ask someone in there to assist me. 

They have a couple pc's you can use up front.

I haven't read the whole thread and not sure if anyone from TD posted in here.  Anyway they swapped out their entire computer system in July and transition has had its issues.

11 hours ago, dano1089 said:

One thing for sure, as a result of this thread, I'm afraid to order anything for now.

You should not be afraid if you are ok with shipping delays. Sooner or later you will get what you order. TD does not provide any details regarding how long the delays are.

Edited by levari

I placed an order yesterday, and within a couple of hours had tracking info showing it leaving NJ and is in PA awaiting its next hop. :) 

15 hours ago, dano1089 said:

One thing for sure, as a result of this thread, I'm afraid to order anything for now.

I just had an excellent customer service experience with TD! I placed 2 preorders a few weeks ago. Products aren't even in their stock yet. I was charged immediately, which isn't SOP for them. I didn't receive the points either. I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be charged twice. Craig was helpful, joked with me & answered all my questions. Patience isn't my strong suit, but sometimes it pays!

Also, I received the free merchandise that comes with the preordered items in 2 days!

Edited by AI GUY

27 mins ago, mwhitt80 said:

Man I have been gone for a week and this thread still hasn't died.

That tells you something.  Love em or hate em, TD provides a good service to a lot of people, and when that service is interrupted, well, you get what we've got here.

2 hours ago, NYNistler said:

That tells you something.  Love em or hate em, TD provides a good service to a lot of people, and when that service is interrupted, well, you get what we've got here.

Respectfully, this has been a bit more than interrupted service.  They have incomplete orders going out due to packing errors, items not being shipped even though they were shown to be in stock when ordering, and even worse a complete lack of communication as to the status of orders.  We're over a month into this fiasco & all we've received is a generic apology email from the CEO. IMO they should be communicating with their customers on a regular basis - keeping them informed of where they're at, how they're going about fixing the problems & providing a timeframe as to when they can expect things to be back to normal.

It really is shocking how this can happen to a company of this size & stature.  They were almost Amazon-esque in their execution prior to the system change. I can't even imagine the amount of revenue they've lost due to this (can you say lawsuit?). Again, I wish them the best of luck & hope they can put this disaster behind them soon.