jhillman17

What's up with TD?

Rate this topic

390 posts in this topic

They did a massive system upgrade and as someone who has been through a few of these I can tell you its a ****ing disaster.  They are probably shipping using post it notes and yellow legal pads.

They ship millions per year to thousands of happy customers.  Be a little patient.  I also find it funny some of the usual suspects having issues again with a CSR.  You ever think it may be you?  lol.

I'm guessing icast as they run about the tightest ship out there for an online store - I've constantly been impressed with their system and service. It is entirely out of character for anyone to have a complaint about them - in all the years here they've gotten nothing but rave reviews about them always going above and beyond with their customer service.  One guy that usually knows what's going on is @fmtuna - hopefully he can give us some info :th:

Then again, he might be wrapped up at icast :o  

TimS

Spoke with a rep on Instagram yesterday  and let them know a couple of people are wondering about their order’s  they said Most of the staff are at icast and some are on vacation. But wouldn’t explain further on why orders are being delayed.. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Edited by TimS
Yea, we don't allow folks to attack people personally here...if you'd like to comment please keep it respectful.

7 mins ago, Shipwreck said:

Icast was over Friday at 3pm

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the attendees stayed the weekend :)I

I'd be surprised if we don't get some kinda update from one of the TD folks :)

TimS

Thanks for the help Tim, I'll wait to see if anyone has a better line of communication.  But to have nobody responding to email, phone, chat, or shipping orders... seems like a cluster of a business idea if you ask me. 

I feel that waiting 2+ weeks before bringing this up on an order that was supposed to ship within 2 days is rather patient.  Especially when I don't receive any updates nor responses to my "Check order Status" inquiry options that they are providing.  

The worst part is that what I ordered is for a trip i'm taking this weekend, so now I have already paid for the item 2 weeks ago, the item won't be getting here before I leave, and i won't have the item on my trip cause nobody local seems to carry it, which is why i had to order it in the first place.  Just all around, a very sour taste in my mouth regarding this situation.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, TimS said:

I'm guessing icast as they run about the tightest ship out there for an online store - I've constantly been impressed with their system and service. It is entirely out of character for anyone to have a complaint about them - in all the years here they've gotten nothing but rave reviews about them always going above and beyond with their customer service.  One guy that usually knows what's going on is @fmtuna - hopefully he can give us some info :th:

Then again, he might be wrapped up at icast :o  

TimS

He was on line few minutes ago. I guess he is now  taking to the public relation manger.. :)

Edited by levari

I spoke to somebody there Friday after trying to do an online order and they said there was an ongoing system issue they were aware of. In the process of upgrading.  Went back on today and same issue. I sent a message.  They are top notch so I'll be patient...for a few more days.

I ran into the same issue last week, which was really surprising, I've ordered a ton of stuff from TD in the past and it always got to me faster than expected, even with economy shipping. I placed an order for a rod and some jig heads on the 6th, and started to wonder what was happening when they hadn't shown up on the 11th. Tried to call, but got no answer. Tried again the next day and got through and they said it would be shipped that afternoon.  Rod and one of the three packs of jig heads showed up Saturday. No idea when the balance of my order will ship, as there was no shipping slip included. When I ordered it said all items were in stock. A bit frustrating, but I understand that things happen, especially during a system change. However, they'd be doing themselves a huge favor if they let customers know what was going on, especially those who have been charged and not received what they paid for. 

33 mins ago, jhillman17 said:

Thanks for the help Tim, I'll wait to see if anyone has a better line of communication.  But to have nobody responding to email, phone, chat, or shipping orders... seems like a cluster of a business idea if you ask me. 

I feel that waiting 2+ weeks before bringing this up on an order that was supposed to ship within 2 days is rather patient.  Especially when I don't receive any updates nor responses to my "Check order Status" inquiry options that they are providing.  

The worst part is that what I ordered is for a trip i'm taking this weekend, so now I have already paid for the item 2 weeks ago, the item won't be getting here before I leave, and i won't have the item on my trip cause nobody local seems to carry it, which is why i had to order it in the first place.  Just all around, a very sour taste in my mouth regarding this situation.

It's Tuesday...I wouldn't rule out getting the item before the weekend just yet, stranger things have happened.  I've ordered from them in the past and the customer service was always outstanding...hopefully this was just some kinda glitch in the matrix and they'll get it squared away quickly :)

TimS

57 mins ago, jhillman17 said:

Where is the package being mailed to?

I just got the following email 

We're following up on the order that you placed with TackleDirect.comon July 6, 2019.

Please choose one of the options below... 

Yes, I received my order.

Please confirm that you've received your order by clicking on the link below:

No, I haven't received my order yet.

If you haven't received your order yet, wait 24-48 hours then contact TackleDirect.com