TonyJJ

Visiting OC Next Week Surf fishing ?

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I will be staying in OC for five days starting Saturday July 20th. the house I will be staying at is on 34 street. When I stayed there before, I fished off the beach at 34th.

I will have a vehicle to drive to a different location. Is there a better place to surf fish?

Also, what could I expect to catch this time of the year?

Thanks

Tony

Posted (edited) · Report post

Tons of kings and weakfish in the surf on bloodworms or fishbites. So you can do that from 34th if you want. 

Some snapper blues and tons of sharks are in the mix these days.

Edited by DaveC
We don't really encourage people post exact areas here. You can do a search and find what you're looking for based on your original post.

Hey Tony, I would cruise that 9th st bridge facility, if that's full I would go recon. corsons inlt.from oc side to Strathmere, you can get a good view of what's happening and you don't need beach tags..oh yeah, pay the Strathmere bridge toll and we'll call it even for the info.. welcome to Jersey

Posted (edited) · Report post

TonyJJ,

Go fish Strathmere. Go early in the morning before all the beach goers show up. Lots of king fish around being caught on blood worms. I live in OC, not much around the bridges as the water is warming up. Occasional flounder are still being caught on minnows. Corsons Inlet has a lot of snapper blues right now. Stick with Strathmere for kingies if you want to catch fish. Good luck

Edited by DaveC
We don't really encourage people post exact areas here. You can do a search and find what you're looking for based on your original post.

So I went fishing this morning at 34st   The tide was going out at 5:30.

Was using frozen finger mullet on a mullet rig with a 4 oz. Sinker. 

I was throwing past the breakers every time I wound up with a glob of seaweed. 

Will be here a few more days is there another beach with no sea weed?

Thanks 

Tony 

4 hours ago, TonyJJ said:

So I went fishing this morning at 34st   The tide was going out at 5:30.

Was using frozen finger mullet on a mullet rig with a 4 oz. Sinker. 

I was throwing past the breakers every time I wound up with a glob of seaweed. 

Will be here a few more days is there another beach with no sea weed?

Thanks 

Tony 

Tony, so everyone here who is local gave you info and you went and got frozen mullet and pegged it on a 4 ounce sinker! ;) Perhaps you might want to reread these comments and revamp your approach.

For the record, I left these specific spot posts up until you got there because you were coming from MD. However, with our site rules they are now removed because we dont encourage posting specific spots on this site.

Good luck to you.

3 hours ago, k9100 said:

I was trying to be nice and put a visitor onto some fish. Oh well. Sorry Dave I will not post spots again.

Tony, I get it.  Unfortunately it is an exponential problem that many new guys on this site have not experienced.  For every guy posting there are at least 100 reading.  If you think your spots are crwoded now, you cannot imagine what they would be like if we were to allow specific spots.  Trust me.  If you want to help this man, feel free to pm him.  He saw this post and slammed a 4 ounce sinker on the bottom so he may need your help! :)

Fished two weeks ago with the family in the area. Bloodworms/fish bites on a kingfish rig with a 1.5 oz coin weight worked wonders. I used ones with an orange float to mimic sand fleas with eggs. Caught on almost every cast. We then used some of the kingfish for bait and you son caught several sharks and rays. People will be amazed what is just a few feet past them swimming along. 

36A615E0-5EFA-4BFF-BF98-4DAD5D58DA7E.jpeg

733435B1-D09B-4DED-957A-D4D4CEAA8153.jpeg

5C2C5B72-D82E-4506-870A-F76708452182.jpeg