Gwiz

Bluefin in Canal

Rate this topic

93 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, HopHead said:

So this begs the question:  if they're in the canal why are none being caught right outside either end of it?

Nobody is catching tuna in the canal. A sailfish was once caught by a guy wearing sandals and socks - don’t be that guy

12 mins ago, ged said:

Nobody is catching tuna in the canal. A sailfish was once caught by a guy wearing sandals and socks - don’t be that guy

What if he didn’t have socks on?  Would it be ok to be that guy then?  :p

5 mins ago, z-man said:

I would need to double check the video on YouTube. There could have been issues with length of his shorts as well (too much leg exposed). 

22 mins ago, ged said:

I knew it was a troll....was hoping we could keep it going for a while.

3 hours ago, z-man said:

Well the fashion police would be happy. :shaky:

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 7/15/2019 at 0:15 PM, MakoMike said:

You do know that 1) you need a permit to catch them 2) you need a boat to get the permit and 3) it’s illegal to catch one from shore.

Wrong again.  A BF caught in the canal could be released.  It would have been accidentally hooked therefore could be legally released with no penalty to the angler.

Edited by Cpalms

14 mins ago, Cpalms said:

Wrong again.  A BF caught in the canal could be released.  It would have been accidentally hooked therefore could be legally released with no penalty to the angler.

I hope you sit around at night loosing sleep by thinking of ways to bait me. You make no sense when you'e wide awake and even less when you are sleep deprived. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

53 mins ago, MakoMike said:

I hope you sit around at night loosing sleep by thinking of ways to bait me. You make no sense when you'e wide awake and even less when you are sleep deprived. 

I am a little sleepy, back to back canyon trips will do that . Not baiting you, just correcting your factual inaccuracies, which you post often. 

Anyhow, funny that you didn't say i'm wrong though.....:wave:

Edited by Cpalms

4 mins ago, Cpalms said:

I am a little sleepy, back to back canyon trips will do that . Not baiting you, just correcting your factual inaccuracies, which you post often. 

Anyhow, funny that you didn't say i'm wrong though.....:wave:

In case you missed the obvious, once again, we were talking about people actually fishing for bluefin (not allowed) and keeping them (also not allowed) But don't let that interfere with you stalking me.

On 7/15/2019 at 8:58 AM, Gwiz said:

A lot of snapped rods this am.  I'm sure Red Top doing a big business this am.

On 7/15/2019 at 0:15 PM, MakoMike said:

You do know that 1) you need a permit to catch them 2) you need a boat to get the permit and 3) it’s illegal to catch one from shore.

Neither the OP and your post (#3)..where were you discussing targeting BF in the canal and or keeping a canal caught BF?

So nobody in history has targeted BF's in the canal and in the million to one chance an angler actually lands a bluefin in the the canal and then releases that fish - is that illegal?

2 mins ago, Cpalms said:

Neither the OP and your post (#3)..where were you discussing targeting BF in the canal and or keeping a canal caught BF?

So nobody in history has targeted BF's in the canal and in the million to one chance an angler actually lands a bluefin in the the canal and then releases that fish - is that illegal?

Just to humor you, God knows why, no one striped bass fishing is likely to land a keeper sized bluefin in the canal with a striper sized rod. (why do I bother with you, its like an itch I can just barely scratch.)