Bluefin in Canal

Rate this topic

Gwiz

28 mins ago, MakoMike said:

You do know that 1) you need a permit to catch them 2) you need a boat to get the permit and 3) it’s illegal to catch one from shore.

Striped bass regs cannot be enforced that are black and white. You honestly think it could be proven that somebody was casting into breaking tuna purposely from shore; and if they got lucky enough to land one that the EPO would race down there to confiscate. I think there’s a better chance at landing one then getting in trouble for it :laugh: 

The Best Day to go fishing is any day that ends in Y

41 mins ago, CcCstriper89 said:

Striped bass regs cannot be enforced that are black and white. You honestly think it could be proven that somebody was casting into breaking tuna purposely from shore; and if they got lucky enough to land one that the EPO would race down there to confiscate. I think there’s a better chance at landing one then getting in trouble for it :laugh: 

You make you choices and pick the odds. IMHO no tuna is worth the possible fine.

====Mako Mike====
Makomania Sportfishing
Pt. Judith, RI

They closed of the Park in Bourne the other day and confiscated a whole bunch of fish. 

Over the years some folks have had opportunity to latch onto a tuna I have seen three such occasions where by they were hooked by bait, tuna came up , you could see the bait and hook . {not me on the other ends] but friends of mine. Two reel were smoked and throw aways at the end and the other managed to leap high enough and the line broke[that was at the bulkhead in Sandwich and two at Pips rip.

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal