1 piece 8ft surf spinning rod

Rate this topic

Fishing Daddy

So going off of  few dozen complaints out of the thousands upon thousands built is warrant enough not to buy them. People shouldnt buy chevys or dodges etc. because of their problems? Blind devotion? So using a rod that has never given me 1 single problem(knock on wood) is blind devotion if thats the case everyone is guilty of blind devotion. Ive tried and used many other brands and found that st croix suits me best. Doesnt mean that i will say that one company sucks or that st croix is better, just that st croix isnt as inferior as everyone else makes it out to be because there are obviously plenty of people that feel the same way to me when it comes to st croix. Bought my rod from bps during the spring sale and have nothing but good things to say when ive dealt with st croix for my inshore and other rods. If youre comparing a st croix to an edsel(which is one of the dumbest comparisons ive ever heard) that means by your logic that 75% of the other rod companies are trash.  

Edited by Ravens52988

8 hours ago, Ravens52988 said:

Funny, my mojos can throw under and over their weight ratings, you mist have had bad luck with your mojos you used

I have only been around 3 mojos being fished.  I know, a really small sample.  2 of them blew early into their first day.   2 out of 3 aint bad.

There is/was somethign up with some of them in a run at some point.   Mojos cracking is a thing.  

9 mins ago, Fishing Daddy said:

I think I would go with Mojo, I like star stellar as well, but the shipping from Tackle direct is ridiculous.

Yeah, I stopped ordering from them because I dont make large$ enough purchases to warrant their $hipping.

18 hours ago, Ravens52988 said:

So going off of  few dozen complaints out of the thousands upon thousands built is warrant enough not to buy them. People shouldnt buy chevys or dodges etc. because of their problems? Blind devotion? So using a rod that has never given me 1 single problem(knock on wood) is blind devotion if thats the case everyone is guilty of blind devotion. Ive tried and used many other brands and found that st croix suits me best. Doesnt mean that i will say that one company sucks or that st croix is better, just that st croix isnt as inferior as everyone else makes it out to be because there are obviously plenty of people that feel the same way to me when it comes to st croix. Bought my rod from bps during the spring sale and have nothing but good things to say when ive dealt with st croix for my inshore and other rods. If youre comparing a st croix to an edsel(which is one of the dumbest comparisons ive ever heard) that means by your logic that 75% of the other rod companies are trash.  

Going back a few years Mojo surf rods earned a reputation for snapping and having their reel seats come loose; sorry to say but it was way more than just a few dozen.  I would assume STC fixed whatever was wrong and hopefully it's not happening anymore.  The two Mojos I had didn't get much use before I sold them and they were both fine.  STC is a good company to deal with if and when you do have a problem as they stand behind their products and have a good rep for customer service.

"I started out with nothing and I still have most of it"

15 hours ago, 55555s said:

I have only been around 3 mojos being fished.  I know, a really small sample.  2 of them blew early into their first day.   2 out of 3 aint bad.

There is/was somethign up with some of them in a run at some point.   Mojos cracking is a thing.  

Yeah, I stopped ordering from them because I dont make large$ enough purchases to warrant their $hipping.

how bad is it..i dont think I ever ordered something from them. 

23 hours ago, Ravens52988 said:

youre an idiot. 

Mojos are very good rods. There were some problems a ways back with both blanks and reel seats, but I'm sure it's been corrected. I have a 10'6" 3/4-4oz going on 4 years now and it's been nothing but great for plugging in that weight range. St. Croix has one of, if not the best, warranty/repair policies in the business. So rest assured, if you do encounter a problem, they will take care of you. I'm looking at maybe adding the 8' myself...even though I don't really need it, lol.