Daiwa “Hatteras” 40-425S

Rate this topic

animalbarrie

7 mins ago, Ksjohnson said:

Animal.

please tell me more about this Rod. Is it new?  Love the old saltiga ballistics and not really sold on the new tournament ballistic version. Thanks. Scott

This is the version before the maroon colored Saltiga Ballistic “Hatteras Special”.   It’s in new condition but this blank was manufactured a long time ago, not sure when it was made exactly.  I just sold a new Ballistic and it was a great rod.   

1 min ago, Ksjohnson said:

Animal,

was typing while you were I guess. Very nice looking blank for sure. You gonna have nick build it? Did you get your CTS yet?   Scott

There isn’t much about this blank online.  You are correct - it is the predecessor to the Maroon version.   Yes I got my CTS - amazing rod.    Yes I touched base with Nick and he will be able to build it for me.   

Animal, 

that CTS is one beautiful Rod. Nick sure builds some fine sticks for sure. That might be the last new daiwa blank left in existence of that model. I have heard nothing but good things about those old rods. Post up a pic of it please when you get it wrapped. Sorry Jim, looks like nothing for you and me.  Scott

7 mins ago, Ksjohnson said:

Animal, 

that CTS is one beautiful Rod. Nick sure builds some fine sticks for sure. That might be the last new daiwa blank left in existence of that model. I have heard nothing but good things about those old rods. Post up a pic of it please when you get it wrapped. Sorry Jim, looks like nothing for you and me.  Scott

You are probably right.  I’ve actually never even seen one of these in person.   It was never even taken out of the wrapper. It’s a time capsule.  

12 mins ago, Ksjohnson said:

Animal, 

I’m use to it by now