YOUR TOP FIVE COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS WEBSITE!!!!

Rate this topic

707steelnstripe

6 hours ago, fatbikerjoe said:

Cannot post links, makes no sense to me and makes it that much more difficult to share information.

It's a discussion forum - posting a link isn't discussion. People post here to ask questions of the other folks who post here...they already know how to work Google, that's how they got here :)

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

5 hours ago, TroutSniffer76 said:

The STRIPERS ONLINE title at the top is too big and prevents me from coming on this site at work most days

At the bottom of the page click on "theme" - then choose "smaller header" :th:

TimS

Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

2 mins ago, TimS said:

It's a discussion forum - posting a link isn't discussion. People post here to ask questions of the other folks who post here...they already know how to work Google, that's how they got here :)

TimS

What about posting a link to Amazon?  Is that OK?

3 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

Good god............ What kind of life is someone living that they conduct themselves in such a way that they need to be removed from a fly fishing forum?

I don't know if that's funny or just sad..................

The back lash is killer

3 hours ago, fishless said:

What's the record for the most forums a member has been removed from while still being able to participate on here?

Probably two...his removals from various forums covers multiple usernames :)

I don't generally count PG forum removals against folks...discussing politics is certainly not for everyone :scared:

TimS

26 mins ago, TimS said:

Homophobic? I've met at least a thousand people from this site over the years - I sincerely doubt a single one of them is afraid of homosexuals :squid:

"aggressive language" - that one is gonna require some further explanation before I can comment on why it is or isn't allowed :wave:

TimS

That's not what homophobic means, it's more a dislike or prejudice against them. Although imagining someone being afraid of gay people is pretty funny, I can see dingy recoiling in terror when his wife changes the channel to bravo.

2 hours ago, Mike Oliver said:

Tim

707 is back on the fly forum . He was better when he was Otshawytsha.

Guys learn to simply disengage pretty quickly.

Sad really.

mike   

Mike, he's not gonna post anywhere now :)

TimS

31 mins ago, fatbikerjoe said:

What about posting a link to Amazon?  Is that OK?

Negative...you said sharing information, not sharing products on a shopping website - again, folks know how to work Google - you give them the name of the product you are recommending and they will find it very quickly :)  

We don't allow links to commercial websites - that's an advertising thing. You are welcome to share all the information you have, just not links to it :th:

TimS

6 hours ago, TroutSniffer76 said:

The STRIPERS ONLINE title at the top is too big and prevents me from coming on this site at work most days

You should contact magical Frank, he’s mastered the art of spending hours on SOL while "at work". 

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

10 mins ago, nateD said:

That's not what homophobic means, it's more a dislike or prejudice against them. Although imagining someone being afraid of gay people is pretty funny, I can see dingy recoiling in terror when his wife changes the channel to bravo.

So arachnophobia is a prejudice against spiders?  :squid:

TimS

47 mins ago, TimS said:

Homophobic? I've met at least a thousand people from this site over the years - I sincerely doubt a single one of them is afraid of homosexuals :squid:

Didn't need to scroll more than halfway down the first page in the town tavern.  As someone who has family members that struggled with their sexuality and the resulting social stigma, isolation, drug abuse and attempted suicide in a conservative catholic community, I ignore the hateful stuff mostly in the town tavern.  Just wanted to point out the irony of the ban on G0D D4MN.  Who does it hurt?

Love everything I've learned from this site.  Can't begin to estimate how much of a better fisherman I am because of it.  Big thank you to you and the other administrators and moderators for all your work. :howdy: 

Edited by Bait Tailer