Heron25

Homeowner kills 2 out of 4 with AR15

Rate this topic

63 posts in this topic

24 mins ago, nateD said:

Heron kept mentioning the 10 round limit so I was just curious how many he went through to take out 2 of them.

4 one in each body, then one in each head. You have to make sure they don't move.

22 hours ago, Heron25 said:

Sgt. Micah Moore found Doyle with a gunshot wound and a shotgun next to him on the ground. Deputies entered the home and found Jackson dead on the dining room floor. Detectives said he was wearing a “Jason” mask on top of his head, gloves on both hands, jeans and a black shirt.

Near Jackson’s head was a semi-automatic pistol, detectives said

61 years old and you find this trash breaking down your door.  I honestly, no bullsheet, wish he'd taken all 4 out...waste of air

1 hour ago, hunter123 said:

4 one in each body, then one in each head. You have to make sure they don't move.

That’s what I was thinking, 10 rounds should be enough

8 mins ago, nateD said:

That’s what I was thinking, 10 rounds should be enough

you haven't been in any firefights...have you?  10 rounds will may be be enough, may be be enough to break contact, may be be enough....

I want to finish the freaking job.    My wireless, undocumented, home-land defense, anti-assault weapon is prepped with a good 30 rounder leaning against the wall. 

26 mins ago, JimP said:

you haven't been in any firefights...have you?  10 rounds will may be be enough, may be be enough to break contact, may be be enough....

I want to finish the freaking job.    My wireless, undocumented, home-land defense, anti-assault weapon is prepped with a good 30 rounder leaning against the wall. 

Ya ya last night I had had a pretty crazy one, bazooka took care of em

1 min ago, nateD said:

Ya ya last night I had had a pretty crazy one, bazooka took care of em

AWESOME!!  :theman:

Dang, now I feel inadequate.  Gotta go find a freaking tank.  

In the movie's ten rounds is enough, but that's not reality... in "Real world" average amount of rounds to put down the bad guy?…… as many as it takes...way too many variables.... and you also have to remember "what to say and what not to do"... You don't go all hype up when LEO get there and say I shot the bastard dead...or walk up to them and put one in the head after they are down(its great to think it just don't say it)...Only thing that matters is that you shot enough needed to stop the person from hurting you/family....be it ten or 30rds... my better half has a 40rd mag in her AR...and a few mags beside it.... You know just incase the Zombies come:p

In not an expert shooter but being limited to 10 rounds with multiple attackers is putting me in jeopardy.   I wish I could do the Mozambique drill on every scumbag but its not my reality yet.   I'd rather have 20 rounds in my 9 or 45 and not use it.  

....but being limited to 10 rounds with multiple attackers is putting me in jeopardy.

I am a revolver guy thru and thru.  Your statement is the one and only reason I'd give serious thought to putting a semi-auto in the nightstand.  Probably not going to happen but it does give me pause...

In not an expert shooter but being limited to 10 rounds with multiple attackers is putting me in jeopardy.   I wish I could do the Mozambique drill on every scumbag but its not my reality yet.   I'd rather have 20 rounds in my 9 or 45 and not use it.  

I'd rather have 20 rounds in my 9 or 45 and not use it.   than need them and not have them.

5 hours ago, mako20ft said:

I am a revolver guy thru and thru.  Your statement is the one and only reason I'd give serious thought to putting a semi-auto in the nightstand.  Probably not going to happen but it does give me pause...

The first weapon I was ever issued was a .357. Back then, six rounds was all you had in they typical law enforcement weapon but our academy  instructors made sure that we were all proficient in tactical reloads. I am still very comfortable with a revolver and still believe a properly trained person with a revolver is a formidable adversary for the average street thug with a semi auto. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I like my AR's but this resides outside the safe.    Shoots really well.    Once the first one starts leaking the others will most likely have second thoughts.

Just because he is bleeding doesn't mean he is out of the fight.  Keep shooting until the threat is neutralized.    Remember, it is you or them. 

fullsizeoutput_d1.jpeg

Edited by DMacLeod
added text

28 mins ago, DMacLeod said:

I like my AR's but this resides outside the safe.    Shoots really well.    Once the first one starts leaking the others will most likely have second thoughts.

Just because he is bleeding doesn't mean he is out of the fight.  Keep shooting until the threat is neutralized.    Remember, it is you or them. 

fullsizeoutput_d1.jpeg

Is your Beretta a 9 or 45 and how accurate out to say 75 yards?    Think they make a lot of sense for HD.