jolly mon

RTIC Coolers Tariff Surcharge

Rate this topic

59 posts in this topic

I saw were they were having a sale on some backpacks , 70% off so I thought I would get one for my grandson . I go to check out and see their adding a "Tariff Surcharge "
I figured that the Tariffs would just cause a bump in the price of goods as a matter of course , But this is just rubbing it in your face and it was on all their products .
If you have to raise the price to cover costs then do it , My days of buying RTIC products are done .

53 mins ago, jolly mon said:

I saw were they were having a sale on some backpacks , 70% off so I thought I would get one for my grandson . I go to check out and see their adding a "Tariff Surcharge "
I figured that the Tariffs would just cause a bump in the price of goods as a matter of course , But this is just rubbing it in your face and it was on all their products .
If you have to raise the price to cover costs then do it , My days of buying RTIC products are done .

What % is the surcharge?

13 mins ago, Mike said:

What % is the surcharge?

25% of the declared item value during importing. The surcharge for their rtic 45 is $10.92.  If they are not hiding anything, their cost is $43.68 for that cooler. 

1 hour ago, ByronPA said:

So, you're upset because they're telling you why they raised the prices?

That's the thing they didn't raise their price they stick it on at check out as a separate charge

28 mins ago, Billybob said:

I'm surprised they do that for retail, but it's standard practice for resellers.

At Retail it's figured in the selling price just like all other costs related to getting it to market .

55 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

Eff China.  

Let's punish China by taxing U.S. citizens! It is an enormous new tax, which will send a lot of money to the federal government, which will then spend it like drunken sailors!

Boy, what a brilliant idea. :dismay:

3 mins ago, hobobob said:

25% of the declared item value during importing. The surcharge for their rtic 45 is $10.92.  If they are not hiding anything, their cost is $43.68 for that cooler. 

Looks to me like they're just adding 6% to the selling price.

Just found this on google. 

Trump's trade war could lead to a shortage of Bibles in the US, major publishers and religious charities warn

Repent now you heathens. Good news that there is no tax on the koran LOL

3 mins ago, hobobob said:

If they just raised the price by that much no big deal , It would still be cheaper they YETI that there copying .

1 hour ago, jolly mon said:

I do not understand your beef here...they are a direct to consumer company, they do not use resellers or distributors for their product...so they disclose the tariff charge on a direct to consumer product that you are also paying no sales tax on btw...and you have beef because they are somehow rubbing your nose in it?  Sorry don' see the issue.