tristate

Stop itch

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

For Bite relief you can try after bite or benaydrl extra strength cream  not interested in creams or spray try a cold teabag or aloe Vera..  hope this helps

On 7/11/2019 at 6:07 PM, Rick67 said:

Gasoline would feel good to that itchy pain.

Yeah, just don't take a cigarette break. :fire:

Just now, bdowning said:

Yeah, just don't take a cigarette break. :fire:

Better off with clear nail polish you psy:laugh:cho  but didn’t post that as some are allergic to the chemicals.

On 7/11/2019 at 1:32 PM, hobobob said:

With mosquito, the more you get bit, the more your body get use to it.  Itching and swelling is the histamine from your own body. Not something from mosquito.  If you can ignore the initial itch and don't scratch it for about 30 minutes, the itch will go away on it's own and you'll probably forget it's there. Chiggers, gnats and green head are worst because their bite tear up your skin so it takes a long time to heal.

If you want instant relief, dap or spray on baking soda solution, ammonia ( windex ).  Don't scratch!

I tried this the other night, pure torture for 45 minutes and then I gave in lol

Slightly off-topic: I swear by Jewel Weed for getting rid of poison ivy. It’s pretty easy to find. Look for knee to waist-high plants in damp earth. They have smallish orange flowers. They are actually impatiens and are great to show kids. Hold a plant upside down in water and see why they are called “jewel” weed. 

On 7/11/2019 at 1:02 PM, olvart said:

Benadryl stop the itch.

Bug repellent won’t help once you have been bitten. 

OTC antihistamines might help*. It works for me. 

*This is not professional medical advice. Consult your medical professional as OTC medications may affect any medical conditions you may have or interfere with other medications you are taking. 

About 6 years ago I was doing some student teaching as part of my grad school EDU requirements. 2 days before I was to begin my student teaching I went fishing at some of the little lakes in the pine barrens around Manorville, walking down what felt like deer trails, with the bushes waist high. The next day, one day before I was to start my student teaching I woke up with chigger bites ON EVERY SQUARE INCH OF MY SKIN FROM MY BELT LINE TO THE BOTTOM OF MY SHORTS!!! My brother is an avid bow hunter has been in the woods more than he's not in the woods and has experienced chiggers at their full wrath. If any one has experienced chiggers I know you feel my pain, and might be reliving yours. He says I'll be right back, he goes to his truck, grabs a tube of something and gives it to me, and says "I'm not messing with you, use it, I promise you it works better than anything for the itch!".....................  VAGISIL- EXTRA STRENGTH!! I questioned his intent he looked at me and said use it!! The itch was like nothing else I've every felt, and I've been bit and stung by most things that bite and itch. It worked instantly, amazing! Then I had the concern if 9th grade HS students know what Vagisil smells like? I didn't care, I would have done anything to get rid of that itch. I used that whole tube and it worked until the bites basically dried up. I still have scars from some of my chigger bites. What is a chigger? Lone star tick larva, the enzyme they secreat to dissolve the proteins in flesh is what creates the unbearable itch. Yup, Vagisil. 

On 7/11/2019 at 10:18 AM, ssmd said:

Eagle Brand Medicated oil

its on amazon as well.  

Product description

Ingredients: Methol 14.5% w/w. Methyl Salicylate 18.6% w/w. Eucalyptus Oil 1.56 w/w.