707steelnstripe

HOW WILL THE STRIPAPOCALYPSE BE REGULATED THIS TIME???!

Rate this topic

61 posts in this topic

IN THE 80'S WITH THE STRIPER DISAPPEARANCE THEY DID MORATORIUM. NOW IT IS NOT REALISTIC TO DO MORATORIUM BECAUSE CATCH AND RELEASE FISHING IS MAJOR PART OF PROBLEM. NEED TO STOP ALL FISHING FOR STRIPED BASS. 

HOW DO YOU FEEL THEY WILL DEAL WITH THE TEETERING STRIPER POPULATION ON EAST COAST? 

THIS IS AN ALERT FOR ANGLERS TO START THINKING ABOUT WHAT'S COMING. YOU TOOK TOO MANY GLAMOR SHOTS IN THE CAPE COD CANAL OF YOUR 40LBERS AND THEY DIED AFTER YOU RELEASED THEM. NOW WE ALL MUST PAY THE PIPER FOR YOUR INSTAGRAM HEROICS. 

THANKS!

Edited by 707steelnstripe

This will be very interesting to watch.  I'm especially amused after just a year ago I had a discussion with a biologist that swore to me the striper stocks were doing well and poopoo'ed everything I had told him.  Then BOOM, the latest report came out and it has been crickets from him.  Hopefully the powers that be can figure this one out.

Haha been obvious to fishermen this is coming. Scientists wait for numbers. People that are out every day can see this coming for years now. Com’s will tell you all is good open the ez tons of bass in the deep. It’s all about a pay check for them it’s understandable. I hope they shut it down. 

4 mins ago, hydraman said:

Haha been obvious to fishermen this is coming. Scientists wait for numbers. People that are out every day can see this coming for years now. Com’s will tell you all is good open the ez tons of bass in the deep. It’s all about a pay check for them it’s understandable. I hope they shut it down. 

YEAH AFTER THE ANGER SUBSIDES IT JUST MAKES ME SAD!

Just a guess.....circle hooks will be a requirement for bait and either single or barbless hooks for artificials. All the States will get on board with a 1 fish per day slot limit.

5 mins ago, Pauleye said:

Just a guess.....circle hooks will be a requirement for bait and either single or barbless hooks for artificials. All the States will get on board with a 1 fish per day slot limit.

How is that going to stop the HEROES OF INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, AND YOUTUBE who practiced ethical "catch and release" "releasing" their fish after quickly lifting them out of the water with a boga grip after running up the bank to rummage through the $300 patagonia bags to find their scale to weigh the fish gasping on the bank and then set up their camera then take their picture with the fish out of the water then spend 5 seconds "reviving it" before letting swim off to die? '

What about the folks who love to find a school of 16" fish and catch 300 of them? 

What about these poeple? You must stop all fishing to prevent the loss of the species. 

3 mins ago, night owl said:

These are LOSERS that are trying to feel like winners. 

AMEN. Also the BIG MEN of INSTAGRAM too. The funny part is how stupid they look when they catch this huge fish--and they are filming themselves catching the fish just let that sink in--and they say "Wow, going to quickly take four minutes here to leave this fishi on the bank and get my pliers, my scale, my boga grip, my camera and go through all that and THEN IM GONNA PULL THE FISH OUT WITH THE BOGA TO WEIGH IT AND THEN TAKE PICTURES OF ME HOLDING IT TO GO WITH VIDEO I TOOK OF ME CATCHING IT WHICH i WILL POST ONLINE AND THEN ILL RELEASE IT TO "MAKE BABIES". 

Narcissism is the root cause of our striper decline, imho. 

8 mins ago, JK47 said:

MOAR CAPITAL LETTERS!!!

IT IS MEANT TO SUGGEST A TELEGRAM A URGENT COMMUNICATION A PLEA A SCREAM A SHOUT. A TELEGRAM OF DEATH OF FISHING FOR STRIPED BASS THX TO INSTAGRAMMERS AND FACEBOOKERS AND YOUTUBERS IMAGES OF THEMSELVES JERKING THE BIG FISH AND KILLING THEM

2 mins ago, 707steelnstripe said:

IT IS MEANT TO SUGGEST A TELEGRAM A URGENT COMMUNICATION A PLEA A SCREAM A SHOUT. A TELEGRAM OF DEATH OF FISHING FOR STRIPED BASS THX TO INSTAGRAMMERS AND FACEBOOKERS AND YOUTUBERS IMAGES OF THEMSELVES JERKING THE BIG FISH AND KILLING THEM

ENLARGING THE FONT, CHANGING COLORS, AND UNDERLINING WORK TOO !!!

Please add to your arsenal of urgency.

Edited by JK47