Cape Cod Bay - Last Evening

Rate this topic

Bucko

34 mins ago, Bucko said:

The loop on the non slip mono loop knot I tied failed.  

One of the more accomplished fisherman I know here on Cape Cod uses green over white clousers almost exclusively. I believe when bass are flashing they are feeding on sand eels or crabs. 20 schoolies this time of year sight fishing is quite an accomplishment.

Thanks, yeah it was an absolute blast and a great way to spend the last day of my trip. Once the bit turned on they seemed to enjoy anything I threw at them from a 1.5"chartreuse/pink clouser to a 3" chartreuse/white clouser to a 5" olive/white deceiver. A couple photos if anyone cares... IMG_1259.jpeg.36efd63621d1e95aedde3877c0643aaa.jpegIMG_1256.jpeg.26a45163c775ab13f7c6f2f6c6db14aa.jpeg

7 mins ago, bloosfisher said:

A Clouser on the pause heads down just like a sand eel, which burrows in sand as a defense.  I tie the dumbells as far forward as I can to accentuate the  speed of the drop.  Sand  eels can form a baitball in deeper water, but over shallower sand they head for cover. 

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I definitely noticed many of the takes on the pause. And several when I'd start stripping fast at the end of my retrieve, which often seems to trigger a strike in that final "flee" of the fly.

Wish I didn't have to wait until next year to get back out there. But in the meantime will tie up some new eye-forward clousers.