robmedina

Have you seen the new Hobie 360 drive?

33 posts in this topic

That would be great for freshwater. I'm wanting the flip up fin thing more than the 360 thing overall, though. 

yeah well we shall see in time if it is durable- if so, it would be a perfect upgrade for the AI because turning that thing is a bear!

I'm guessing no more cables to pull and a truckers knob for steering. I just purchased a new Hobie and still waiting to pick it up too. Guy said that it was only for the pro anglers with this new product coming out so I wasnt really worried anyways. Got an Oasis. I do like the mastless drives but as Rob stated. What's the maintenance and more importantly, the cost. 180 drives are already just shy of $1000.

Nice engineering, unfortunately, I don’t need power in every direction. Forward  is just fine. I Hope more V2 drives become available :p

2 hours ago, cheech said:

Nice engineering, unfortunately, I don’t need power in every direction. Forward  is just fine. I Hope more V2 drives become available :p

i thought the same thing until i got my 180 drive. 

2 hours ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

I believe I read their MSRP is like $4500+? Insane. Doesnt mean I dont want one. 

Just the drive? or a kayak with the 360?

im liking the flip up fins. other then that, im happy with just forward and reverse. two thumbs up for the flip up fins though. 

I can see someone forgetting their drive is sideways, seeing a pod of albies in the distance, hitting full speed and just dumping off the side lol.

Those Hobie people must have  a.d.d.

Looks cool.

This will be fun to follow.

Those 180 guys arent  going to be able to give those drives away.