Metalkon

Fishing Rod For Both Striped Bass & Chain Pickerel?

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

I also have a 8'6" 3/8-1 Shimano Scimitar steelhead rod (mine's spinning, they make them conventional as well), which is dirt cheap and doesn't suck. There's a 1/2-1 1/2 model if you want to bias heavier.

Get two rods , go to Walmart and get a half way decent light rod for Pickerel for $20-30. You don't want to be fighting Pickerel on a striper rod. With the rest of your money get a striper rod sufficient to handle what you want to do , ebay amazon wherever to suit your budget. 

I’m going to promote the two rod plan as well, but for a slightly different reason. Get something shorter & super budget friendly for $20-30 to use in your pickerel ponds etc. Get a slightly better & longer/heavier rod with the rest of your budget to target stripers. 

You can Beat the crap out of the cheaper rod and not worry about damaging it. No need to cry breaking a tip while closing the car door or the trunk. 

On 7/9/2019 at 3:58 PM, ksong said:

a rod which can do to catch 30 lb striper and freshwater fish. In my subjective opinion, the Black Hole Suzuki rods could be the only rods regardless of prices. 

c'mon...

Posted (edited) · Report post

22 mins ago, 55555s said:

c'mon...

Its freakin hilarious man. Someone could ask about a reel or rod under $100 and hell pop up. Guess hes never heard of st croix

Edited by Ravens52988