MEP cite individual for hauling others' pots in CCC

Rate this topic

Southcoastphil

I wish that MEP would post the name of the offenders.

cwn_meplobster1_twc070719-475x369.jpg

Mass Environmental Police/CWN

BOURNE  From Mass Environmental Police: On Saturday, July 6, 2019, a Massachusetts Environmental Police Officer observed a person hauling lobster gear along the Cape Cod Canal. Upon further inspection it was determined the person did not possess a non-commercial lobster license and was hauling pots that did not belong to him. The Officer also found the individual to be in possession an egg bearing female lobster.

The individual was issued citations for hauling the gear of another and possession of an egg bearing lobster.

G.B.O.G.H. -- DT326

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."--M. Mead

Be safe, be smart, be kind.--Gary Crocker, Maine Humorist/Philosopher

1 min ago, Sandbar1 said:

Hmmm sounds familiar......

:shrug:

G.B.O.G.H. -- DT326

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."--M. Mead

Be safe, be smart, be kind.--Gary Crocker, Maine Humorist/Philosopher

My friend lost One of his traps that he just put in the bay four days ago . and some one else I spoke with lost three so far this year. It seems like it is a catching problem this time of the year . Reminds one of P A and how he made a living doing just that at Bell road and other spots, hey Bob.

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

And this is the problem with people today they think it is just fine to go into other peoples stuff.

There's no need to blow smoke up my ass as a lengthy preamble to your insulting another person. It doesn't fool anyone and it doesn't garner any favor.

TimS ---Tim To Otshawytsha October 16 2018 #3956

Here's another problem that arises in the canal. There's a lot of tricks that lead to success in canal lobstering.  Its not just chuck in the traps, and haul out buckets of lobsters.

Once lobster thieves learn your traps are fishing well, they'll go out of their way to target only your gear. I had someone doing that to me for a couple years before I finally caught up with him.

The Sultan of Sluggo

5 hours ago, bob_G said:

Here's another problem that arises in the canal. There's a lot of tricks that lead to success in canal lobstering.  Its not just chuck in the traps, and haul out buckets of lobsters.

Once lobster thieves learn your traps are fishing well, they'll go out of their way to target only your gear. I had someone doing that to me for a couple years before I finally caught up with him.

A whooping????

Please say yes....

troll #122  <*)))<